Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justice has been dispensed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They used to do a perfectly adequate mixed grill.
    Oh my word.

I would possibly risk a burger but a mixed grill?

Jesus.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Oh my word.

I would possibly risk a burger but a mixed grill?

Jesus.....
    Sausages, lamb chop, pork chop, steak, chicken breast, mushroom, peas and chips. Hard to cock that up imo.

Sausages, lamb chop, pork chop, steak, chicken breast, mushroom, peas and chips. Hard to cock that up imo.
    I have never been a fan of the chop. It simply doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I have never been a fan of the chop. It simply doesn't work for me.
    The pork chop is generally a sad and lifeless thing, I agree. The lamb chop, however, if delicately handled, is a splendid and toothsome thing.

That said, if you're eating a Wetherspoon's mixed grill, it's mostly about cramming enough protein, fat and carbohydrate into your system to make the pain stop, so one isn't too picky.

The pork chop is generally a sad and lifeless thing, I agree. The lamb chop, however, if delicately handled, is a splendid and toothsome thing.

That said, if you're eating a Wetherspoon's mixed grill, it's mostly about cramming enough protein, fat and carbohydrate into your system to make the pain stop, so one isn't too picky.
    The lamb chop has too much fat on it for me. Not bloody cheap either.

The pork chop, cooked pink, with a good layer of fat and a rind of crispy skin, is a noble cut. Finding good quality pork is the real issue - a supermarket chop is a dry, bland creature, to be sure.

Hold on, chicken in a mixed grill?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Look, mate, take it up with Mr Wetherspoon.

Good point. And, worse, chicken breast? Is there a more lifeless piece of meat than the unadorned chicken breast?

A leg works but not a breast
    Then again Wetherspoons served a Yorkshire pudding with microwaved roast chicken
    10 characters? Pile of cund.