Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It's a fraction over 2 weeks until the transfer window slams shut. So far we have

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We will win away at Stoke and Liverpool, thus fostering belief in our title challenge. Wenger will appear on telly and, with a little smug smirk, say something enigmatic like, "Who wants to win the league, will need to finish above Arsenal."

Then we'll see what happens. As usual, we're not far short but we may be short unless we are lucky with injuries and players play as well as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Of course. As soon as he signed the new deal we knew we were guaranteed at least two more years of exactly the same.

Personally, I think he was ****ing mad signing up. Given the strength around us in the Premier League, the refusal of his two star players to sign up again and the amount of turnover required in the squad the chances of achieving anything better than a distant 4th in the next two years are pretty slim. The chances of achieving less than that are potentially quite high.

I suppose it suggests he isn’t bothered about his own legacy and there is something admirable about that. Damn silly, all the same.
    It's all a bit defeatist, just the same though. Manchester City are favourites for the title, so I gather, and they've got John Stones marshalling their defence
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's all a bit defeatist, just the same though. Manchester City are favourites for the title, so I gather, and they've got John Stones marshalling their defence
    Pep's drug regime will have had a chance to bed in by now, I reckon. They'll all be running 40 miles a game.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I thought United were favourites?

We went unbeaten for a whole season with Kolo at centre back.

I don't think its defeatist, just an acceptance of the Wenger reality. Arguably more than any other club in history, we know what to expect.