Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm not really looking forward to this season imo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Our squad is almost good enough. But only if we keep Alexis and Ox and add a leelte bit more.

The real failure is in not offloading the lengthening queue of players who are or may be surplus to requirements: Jenkinson, Debuchy, Gibbs, Elneny, Ospina, Walcott, Giroud, Chambers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Our squad is almost good enough. But only if we keep Alexis and Ox and add a leelte bit more.

The real failure is in not offloading the lengthening queue of players who are or may be surplus to requirements: Jenkinson, Debuchy, Gibbs, Elneny, Ospina, Walcott, Giroud, Chambers etc.
    So...'Savesomefakkinmoney!', in other words?

This is at least novel, I must say.

Not saving this money is one of the reasons why we can't bring better players in. I didn't say I'd get rid of all those by the way - Giroud is a good last-resort, Chambers deserves a chance. But players who aren't good enough and unhappy - like Lucas Perez and Ospina - should not even be playing pre-season friendlies, hogging places which can be used to blood young players.

Not saving this money is one of the reasons why we can't bring better players in. I didn't say I'd get rid of all those by the way - Giroud is a good last-resort, Chambers deserves a chance. But players who aren't good enough and unhappy - like Lucas Perez and Ospina - should not even be playing pre-season friendlies, hogging places which can be used to blood young players.
    Well Lucas hasn't played in any and Ospina has said he is staying We blooded plenty of young players in pre-season as it was

don't forget Wilshere

Jenkinson, Debuchy, Gibbs, Elneny, Ospina, Walcott, Giroud, Chambers etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rob2 View Post
    don't forget Wilshere
    I don't see how we can sell practically all of our English players and still hit the homegrown quotas.

Not that I can be bothered to do the adding up, of course. I'm sure there are others who relish that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't see how we can sell practically all of our English players and still hit the homegrown quotas.

Not that I can be bothered to do the adding up, of course. I'm sure there are others who relish that sort of thing.
    Bellerin, Martinez*, Coquelin, Ramsey, Welbeck, Holding, Ox, Iwobi would do it. I doubt we will sell Walcott anyway

*not 100% per cent sure on that one

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob2 View Post
    Here we go again. Groundhog day.

Wenger thinks our squad is good enough. Half our fans think Wenger is good enough. So the cycle of failure continues.

Buzzing.
    Just another two years again
    Until the next two years
    10 characters? Pile of cund.