Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: They can't arbitrarily ban the rumble of the V8, the buzzsaw whine of the straight 6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's a load of old balls. I love it when governments set environmental targets when they know that some other poor sod in 20 years' time will be the one who has to explain why they haven't been met.
    8 years ago today we were at Le Manoir. Good timez.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    8 years ago today we were at Le Manoir. Good timez.
    Lord, is that all? For some reason it feels like much, much longer ago than that.

Happy anniversary. I assume the glw has lavished you with gifts?

Lord, is that all? For some reason it feels like much, much longer ago than that.

Happy anniversary. I assume the glw has lavished you with gifts?
    Doing all that later. Dinner at The Wolseley and overnight in town. Perhaps a post-prandial cocktail or two? You know the drill.

Tomorrow's going to hurt, isn't it?

Doing all that later. Dinner at The Wolseley and overnight in town. Perhaps a post-prandial cocktail or two? You know the drill.

The Wolseley? Man, you've really got your finger on the pulse of London's restaurant scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The Wolseley? Man, you've really got your finger on the pulse of London's restaurant scene.
    I'll kill you, you snide little ****.

It's an old favourite. We have a tradition of celebrating there. Get to my age and you enjoy the familiar.

So, a faceful of red wine followed by the unwise consumption of mixtures of raw alcohol until the wee hours? Can't see how that could hurt.

Talking of red wine, I joined the Wine Society recently. They're very good.

So, a faceful of red wine followed by the unwise consumption of mixtures of raw alcohol until the wee hours? Can't see how that could hurt.

Talking of red wine, I joined the Wine Society recently. They're very good.
    I've taken to seeking out 12% stuff for daily swilling. Those 14.5% clarets were killing me.

I've taken to seeking out 12% stuff for daily swilling. Those 14.5% clarets were killing me.
    Yes. Actually, I found a rather nice 11% Gamay which was very nice drunk chilled during the hotter evenings. A chap virtually sprang out of bed the next morning.

My current weapon of choice is - of all things - a Moldovan Cabernet of a mere 13%.

Yes. Actually, I found a rather nice 11% Gamay which was very nice drunk chilled during the hotter evenings. A chap virtually sprang out of bed the next morning.

My current weapon of choice is - of all things - a Moldovan Cabernet of a mere 13%.
    Ocado have had a perfectly quaffable Argentinian Malbec on offer at 12% and £6.95 for months. I have bought rather a lot of it