Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I came late to Detectorists. I'm just watching the second series now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's just about the perfect TV progamme. Sometimes the beauty of its gentle Englishness makes me weep silent tears of gratitude for having been born in this Great Country.

Plus, it's got Toby Jones.
    I never liked it. Jasper Carrot and Robert Powell running around being police. not for me clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I never liked it. Jasper Carrot and Robert Powell running around being police. not for me clive.
    It really is quite hard to recall a period when Jasper Carrot was hugely popular, but it definitely did happen. Indeed, I seem to remember laughing at his stuff quite a lot. I'd probably think it was terrible these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It really is quite hard to recall a period when Jasper Carrot was hugely popular, but it definitely did happen. Indeed, I seem to remember laughing at his stuff quite a lot. I'd probably think it was terrible these days.
    He told quite an amusing story to which the punchline was, "Hey Carrot, they've got no Bovril!" bawled in broad Brummie. I occasionally shout this phrase for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He told quite an amusing story to which the punchline was, "Hey Carrot, they've got no Bovril!" bawled in broad Brummie. I occasionally shout this phrase for no apparent reason.
    I always liked his Four Seasons/Vivaldi joke.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Extraordinary really. And he had Punt and Dennis on his show, so it can't be that long ago *. Presumably as every BBC comedy had to have some Cambridge graduates in

*ok it is 30 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Extraordinary really. And he had Punt and Dennis on his show, so it can't be that long ago *. Presumably as every BBC comedy had to have some Cambridge graduates in

*ok it is 30 years ago
    Steve Punt went to my school. The filthy lefty twąt.

Steve Punt went to my school. The filthy lefty twąt.
    Very punchable face.