Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well done to the Biriths state for upholding its right to kill innocent individuals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Until proven, with peer-reviewed data, double-blind testing and all the rest, such a treatment has EXACTLY the same status as prayer and homeopathy, yes. That's how science works.
    No, it is how it is supposed to work. Or at least how medical science is supposed to work. Plenty of other factors get in the way. You are coming a little close to suggesting that something only works once science says it does.

Does marijuana have any positive health benefits? Did it have these fifty years ago when it was an evil drug, frying your brain?

Scientists are just as human as the rest of us, just not as good looking. ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, it is how it is supposed to work. Or at least how medical science is supposed to work. Plenty of other factors get in the way. You are coming a little close to suggesting that something only works once science says it does.

Does marijuana have any positive health benefits? Did it have these fifty years ago when it was an evil drug, frying your brain?

Scientists are just as human as the rest of us, just not as good looking. ****s.

The scientific method as I've described it is the reason we are where we are today. It keeps us reasonably safe from poison, unwanted side effects and quackery. It is the means by which we sort anecdote and coincidence from fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The scientific method as I've described it is the reason we are where we are today. It keeps us reasonably safe from poison, unwanted side effects and quackery. It is the means by which we sort anecdote and coincidence from fact.
    Observed fact. And the point about coincidence is interesting. Science doesn't set out to prove that something 'works'. It sets out to understand how it works. What it doesn't understand it labels coincidence.

Because, as I say, scientists are all ****s. I don't need to understand how nicotine works to know I want a fag.