Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Tory party actually on a mission to alienate every single voter in the country

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think she's right to a point, except that her assessment of your every day person being sane is not quite the full story. They are sane, but they are influenced by our culture through osmososis and reflexively support what they are told is 'progressive' while not really questioning it. They are also permanently told that we must accept other people's life experiences as to not do so is intolerant and arrogant. Of course, this sounds reasonable until 'acceptance' becomes something far beyond basic good manners and tactfulness.

In other words, they are useful idiots, and their tepid, apathetic endorsement serves to validate the entire movement.
    Surely we can accept other people's life experiences without endless legislation and discussion about how they need to be treated.

I believe in my own right to not give a **** about other people's life experience. I don't care about your gender, sexual orientation, preferred title, preferred toilet. Indifference is not intolerance.

My foot hurts most days. People just don't understand how it feels. I feel isolated from my community and have nobody to turn to.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    My foot hurts most days. People just don't understand how it feels. I feel isolated from my community and have nobody to turn to.
    I sometimes have hurty-foot syndrome too, Peter. I feel your pain. Well, my pain tbh, but I can empathise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I sometimes have hurty-foot syndrome too, Peter. I feel your pain. Well, my pain tbh, but I can empathise.
    Is this pain underneath the foot? Behind the toes? Like the ends of two bones rubbing together?

I had that for years and years and years and suffered in silence, until I happened upon orthotic insoles. Now my feet, ankles and knees all work. Like a miracle. For the sake of a pair of £12.99 shoe inserts.

I don't know whether to laugh with joy or cry for the lost years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is this pain underneath the foot? Behind the toes? Like the ends of two bones rubbing together?

I had that for years and years and years and suffered in silence, until I happened upon orthotic insoles. Now my feet, ankles and knees all work. Like a miracle. For the sake of a pair of £12.99 shoe inserts.

I don't know whether to laugh with joy or cry for the lost years.
    No, it's the first metatarsal joint. A believe it goes back to when a big fat lad kicked my big toe bloody hard when playing football at school. He was nowhere near the ball. To this day he is probably living guilt-free as well. With a bit of luck he'll get the bad aids or something and so justice will be done.

No, it's the first metatarsal joint. A believe it goes back to when a big fat lad kicked my big toe bloody hard when playing football at school. He was nowhere near the ball. To this day he is probably living guilt-free as well. With a bit of luck he'll get the bad aids or something and so justice will be done.
    His name's Hendon Gooner and it was a leisure centre, not a school.

Well no one has more hurty-foot syndrome than me, should get confirmation of gout this week, beautiful eh?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Well no one has more hurty-foot syndrome than me, should get confirmation of gout this week, beautiful eh?
    Good luck, Baz.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Surely we can accept other people's life experiences without endless legislation and discussion about how they need to be treated.

I believe in my own right to not give a **** about other people's life experience. I don't care about your gender, sexual orientation, preferred title, preferred toilet. Indifference is not intolerance.

No, there is a process of correction that needs to take place; a redressing of the balance that requires totalitarian state intervention. What kind of tolerance is it if a bloke wakes up one morning and decides he feels like being a woman, if he can't then use women's toilets and changing rooms? How is that supposed to make them feel a part of our 'inclusive' society?

The exception to the rule is Islam, which is why we now allow Sharia courts in the UK, even though they openly discriminate against women.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No, there is a process of correction that needs to take place; a redressing of the balance that requires totalitarian state intervention. What kind of tolerance is it if a bloke wakes up one morning and decides he feels like being a woman, if he can't then use women's toilets and changing rooms? How is that supposed to make them feel a part of our 'inclusive' society?

The exception to the rule is Islam, which is why we now allow Sharia courts in the UK, even though they openly discriminate against women.
    Apparently, it's transphobic not to want anything to do with their female penīses, m.

It's a rum do when a chap isn't even allowed to turn someone down on the basis that they've got a cock, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Apparently, it's transphobic not to want anything to do with their female penīses, m.

It's a rum do when a chap isn't even allowed to turn someone down on the basis that they've got a cock, I reckon.
    I assume you saw the 'conceptual penís' hoax paper that ended up getting peer reviewed by loads of unwitting academics?