Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Bairstow just holed out at mid-on when we were 84-4 chasing four hundred and plenty.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You've clearly never pinned a batsman back with a sustained spell of short pitched bowling, only to pitch one up and watch the hesitant fool poke at a fuller one that nibbles away off the pitch to be snaffled at first slip. Bliss.
    Mundane left arm spin doesn't lend itself to short pitched bowling unfortunately

I did once bowl three maidens in a row only to be called a 'boring ****' by my captain

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Mundane left arm spin doesn't lend itself to short pitched bowling unfortunately

I did once bowl three maidens in a row only to be called a 'boring ****' by my captain
    I'm a shít bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

Even then, I thought bowling was shîte.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm a shít bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

Oh, B! What a shame. You clearly let the pressure get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I was a great net bowler. Everybody loved facing me. A british spinner (no spin), I once had a convincing lbw appeal against a left hander turned down because the umpire said 'it would have needed to turn and, lets face it, I've been watching you bowl'

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I was a great net bowler. Everybody loved facing me. A british spinner (no spin), I once had a convincing lbw appeal against a left hander turned down because the umpire said 'it would have needed to turn and, lets face it, I've been watching you bowl'
    I'm sure you have a lovely flight, though. And that's more important than how much it turns, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm sure you have a lovely flight, though. And that's more important than how much it turns, after all.
    Nah, I just don't like it. I like a bowl in the nets but in matches it was horrible. There is always some aussie **** who wants to whack the ball straight back at you. ****ers. If I am going to have a cricket ball flying at me I want a ****ing bat in my hand.