Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Bairstow just holed out at mid-on when we were 84-4 chasing four hundred and plenty.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I can understand wanting the day off. I cant understand not wanting to bat for as long as you can. How can you not want to bat? Its the best feeling in the world
    Let's be honest, everything in cricket except batting is rubbish. It's the only bit worth turning up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Let's be honest, everything in cricket except batting is rubbish. It's the only bit worth turning up for.
    Oooh, I bet you wouldn't dare have said that most of cricket is rubbish if Jorge were here.

I expect you're just saying that as Rich is about.

Anybody who enjoys fielding is a ****ing weirdo. Its the thing you have to do to get a bat.

Bowlers are just people who are **** at batting. But I like them. I couldn't bat without them (apart from bowling machines and that is a bit boring)

You've clearly never pinned a batsman back with a sustained spell of short pitched bowling, only to pitch one up and watch the hesitant fool poke at a fuller one that nibbles away off the pitch to be snaffled at first slip. Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You've clearly never pinned a batsman back with a sustained spell of short pitched bowling, only to pitch one up and watch the hesitant fool poke at a fuller one that nibbles away off the pitch to be snaffled at first slip. Bliss.
    Mundane left arm spin doesn't lend itself to short pitched bowling unfortunately

I did once bowl three maidens in a row only to be called a 'boring ****' by my captain

Mundane left arm spin doesn't lend itself to short pitched bowling unfortunately

I did once bowl three maidens in a row only to be called a 'boring ****' by my captain
    I'm a shít bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

Even then, I thought bowling was shîte.

I'm a shít bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

Oh, B! What a shame. You clearly let the pressure get to you.

I was a great net bowler. Everybody loved facing me. A british spinner (no spin), I once had a convincing lbw appeal against a left hander turned down because the umpire said 'it would have needed to turn and, lets face it, I've been watching you bowl'

I was a great net bowler. Everybody loved facing me. A british spinner (no spin), I once had a convincing lbw appeal against a left hander turned down because the umpire said 'it would have needed to turn and, lets face it, I've been watching you bowl'
    I'm sure you have a lovely flight, though. And that's more important than how much it turns, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm sure you have a lovely flight, though. And that's more important than how much it turns, after all.
    Nah, I just don't like it. I like a bowl in the nets but in matches it was horrible. There is always some aussie **** who wants to whack the ball straight back at you. ****ers. If I am going to have a cricket ball flying at me I want a ****ing bat in my hand.