Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I turned 17 in the spring of 1982. That year, my girlfriend's family

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Always a splended idea at the time.

And then a shít idea about 45 minutes later.
    No, it was one of those really good, colour-laden ones. I mean we were obviously still awake and talking shďte at 4am, but we didn't have to be anywhere and we had the place to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A sunny day, a girl named Paula, Knaresborough, a rowing boat and a flotilla of Morris Men. The soundtrack was The Stone Roses. We dropped acid later.
    Knaresborough!!!! How dare you deface my lovely town.... 1982 Girl called Carol, sitting in a shed by the river in Knaresborough...sigh
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

A sunny day, a girl named Paula, Knaresborough, a rowing boat and a flotilla of Morris Men. The soundtrack was The Stone Roses. We dropped acid later.
    All that's missing is a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.

Ah, Paula from Knaresborough. I once boned a chick from Yorkshire. I met her in a bar through a mutual acquaintance. I knew she was the girl for me that night because she was wearing a smock with stains down the front, and when I asked if she wanted a drink she replied, "Aye, I'll 'ave a pint o' bitter but first Ah need a slash."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    All that's missing is a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.

Ah, Paula from Knaresborough. I once boned a chick from Yorkshire. I met her in a bar through a mutual acquaintance. I knew she was the girl for me that night because she was wearing a smock with stains down the front, and when I asked if she wanted a drink she replied, "Aye, I'll 'ave a pint o' bitter but first Ah need a slash."
    You are my dad and I want all my brthday presents you never gave me

I met a girl in York, then she said we are going to the pub later. I went to the pub oh by the way this is my boyfriend. he looked furious the whole time. It was one of those pubs that has a carpark to set the scene.

She then made him give me a lift back to the hotel. he then drove her back home and waited outside her house to prevent her from sneaking back to the hotel to see me.

She wasn't from Knaresborough. She was from Ipswich and going out with someone else at Leeds, hence our need to escape to Knaresborough to have a proper dirty weekend.

She wasn't from Knaresborough. She was from Ipswich and going out with someone else at Leeds, hence our need to escape to Knaresborough to have a proper dirty weekend.
    Not the natural choice of places to escape to.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Not the natural choice of places to escape to.....
    Her mate's parents' place was there. Never went into Mother Shipton's Cave. Thought about it, but then remembered it was owned by Paul Daniels.

took a cottage at Herne Bay for the whole summer. She went to live there for the summer holidays, with her parents visiting at weekends, so during the week we shacked up and played mummies and daddies. It was a glorious summer; we lay together in the post-coital glow listening to the waves break on the pebble beach outside accompanied by Irene Cara (on cassette, naturally.)

How can Herne Bay and the soundtrack from the Kids From Fame evoke such romantic memories? :sigh:

Oh youth! Youth! Why must your memory mock and torture us?

Do you have any romantic memories involving odd places, dubious music or fat ugly women?
    I won't go into details but I sealed the deal during the countdown of New years eve 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I won't go into details but I sealed the deal during the countdown of New years eve 1999
    What? Between the countdown starting and finishing? That's impressively quick work. f. But you were young, I suppose.