Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bands you thought you didn't like but now you do.

Bands you thought you didn't like but now you do.

Or perhaps you were influenced not to like a certain band. or perhaps it was not in a genre you were 'supposed' to like.

And the opposite bands you liked but now you think are ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Or perhaps you were influenced not to like a certain band. or perhaps it was not in a genre you were 'supposed' to like.

Sadly, I seem to like exactly the same bands now that I did when I was 16. Either I was a highly precocious child, or I have peculiarly juvenile taste in music

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sadly, I seem to like exactly the same bands now that I did when I was 16. Either I was a highly precocious child, or I have peculiarly juvenile taste in music
    The Partridge Family will never go out of fashion, sir c

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The Partridge Family will never go out of fashion, sir c
    Ooh, David Cassidy.

Back in 5.

I thought as we get older we listen to stuff that is older than we are.
    I have taken it much further by listening to the Carter Family

Used to love Joy Division. Now I realise they were amateurish, dreary wànk that no-one would bother with if Ian Curtis hadn't topped himself.

The last few gigs I have gone to see in Dublin are the same bands/acts I went to see 20+ years ago.

Weller (obvs), The Charlatans, The Orb, Teenage Fanclub, The Wonder Stuff, Super Furry Animals, Stone Roses.

I have been to see other bands in recent years – PIL, Echo and the Bunnymen – but again there is a pattern here.

I thought as we get older we listen to stuff that is older than we are.
    I have taken it much further by listening to the Carter Family
    Nothing wrong with the Carter family. I think most people of any musical taste grow up to realise that, far from being the uncool joke it was when you were young, Country & Music (the proper stuff, mind, not Garth Crooks or shïte like that) is actually ace.

In fact, that's probably been my single biggest change in taste.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The last few gigs I have gone to see in Dublin are the same bands/acts I went to see 20+ years ago.

Weller (obvs), The Charlatans, The Orb, Teenage Fanclub, The Wonder Stuff, Super Furry Animals, Stone Roses.

I have been to see other bands in recent years – PIL, Echo and the Bunnymen – but again there is a pattern here.
    Jackson Browne for me recently. Jackson Browne is a fúcking genius.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

That's the correct way, I think. Your love of music is supposed to be a snapshot in time; your time.

The kids need space to have their own time, so their's no good trying to be down wi' 'em.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."