Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So, Budapest. Stunning women and (my glw informs me), equally good-looking men,

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Went 2 months ago, one of the best city breaks I have ever had
    Yes. Also, it's Europe's second largest producer of foie gras, so there's loads of animal cruelty-enriched treats to be had. I had a trio of foie gras for my birthday up in the Castle district that was absolutely splendid.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Also, it's Europe's second largest producer of foie gras, so there's loads of animal cruelty-enriched treats to be had. I had a trio of foie gras for my birthday up in the Castle district that was absolutely splendid.
    We stayed in a lovely little Hotel up there Baltazar i think it was called, 250 yds to the Castle but no tourists by the hotel
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    We stayed in a lovely little Hotel up there Baltazar i think it was called, 250 yds to the Castle but no tourists by the hotel
    Yes, I did think it would be nice to stay in the Castle district, but wondered whether having to either climb back up there or get the Funicular every time one went exploring might have limited one.

We compromised and stayed in the Art'otel next to the Danube opposite the Houses of Parliament. Lovely location, nice hotel and ridiculously reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, I did think it would be nice to stay in the Castle district, but wondered whether having to either climb back up there or get the Funicular every time one went exploring might have limited one.

We compromised and stayed in the Art'otel next to the Danube opposite the Houses of Parliament. Lovely location, nice hotel and ridiculously reasonable.
    We walked back once, otherwise we used a bus or taxi... hotel was very cheap for how good it was
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar