Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: wd The Govt and the property developers that have just made 68 flats available in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm sure this is all very splendid and whatnot, but I'm struggling to see how me having to pay for it is a good plan, to be honest.

Surely these people will all end up being due a simply enormous payout from the landlords or whoever else is eventually deemed blameworthy? Why is the taxpayer having to bear the burden?
    Well you could argue that tax payers pay for all council housing.. so in effect you were paying for the original flats
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well you could argue that tax payers pay for all council housing.. so in effect you were paying for the original flats
    Yes, I was. And now I'm going to be paying for a bunch of even more expensive ones. This seems a bit unfair on me, tbh. I didn't set the bloody place on fire. I've never even been there.

Yes, I was. And now I'm going to be paying for a bunch of even more expensive ones. This seems a bit unfair on me, tbh. I didn't set the bloody place on fire. I've never even been there.
    How do you think the people who bought flats in the new luxury development are going to feel? They shelled out a fortune for a home cinema and 24 hour concierge to keep the riff raff out and now the government are handing out free flats to them.

I wouldn't be happy......

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    How do you think the people who bought flats in the new luxury development are going to feel? They shelled out a fortune for a home cinema and 24 hour concierge to keep the riff raff out and now the government are handing out free flats to them.

Have to say that was my immediate thought. Also if they choose to sell and move somewhere else they'll probably end up losing money. Let's face it, nobody paying £3m for an apartment is going to do it in a block full of council tenants.

That is a fücking good point, p. I'd be tempted to just set fire to the place and see what the government's prepared to hand over next time.

********FREE MONEY*********

That is a fücking good point, p. I'd be tempted to just set fire to the place and see what the government's prepared to hand over next time.

********FREE MONEY*********
    Imagine wanting to go for a quick workout and swim in facilities you paid £3m for, only to find a bunch of families and their kids having a splash around and generally wrecking ****. I'd be fuming.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 06-21-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Imagine wanting to go for a quick workout and swim in facilities you paid £3m for, only to find a bunch of families and their kids having a splash around and generally wrecking ****. I'd be fuming.
    It sounds remarkably uncharitable but it is undeniably true. They should be offered a refund, paid by the taxpayer, obviously. (Sorry, b)

It sounds remarkably uncharitable but it is undeniably true. They should be offered a refund, paid by the taxpayer, obviously. (Sorry, b)
    You see? Once you get started with this shít, it's an endless fùcking sùckhole of taxpayers' money. Handouts beget handouts beget handouts and those of us who have never sought assistance from the state just sit here with every cùnt's hand in our pockets wondering what we did wrong to get fùcked over like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Not to mention all the angry Allans you're going to be surrounded by, bgm.

They'll soon be wishing they'd voted Tory the other week as God intended imo.

Not to mention all the angry Allans you're going to be surrounded by, bgm.

They'll soon be wishing they'd voted Tory the other week as God intended imo.
    Without wishing to stereotype people, i have lived in council blocks among the allans and they're not the best of neighbours. They're very noisy at night (especially during Ramadan), they spit everywhere, and the food they cook absolutely stinks the place out.