Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parliament on lockdown, armed man, police, gunpoint, etc.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    I moved to Lahndan three months ago, and since then it's been nothing but terrorism, horrendous fires, and general carnage. Getting quite sick of receiving texts from those that care about me back home (there are a few), checking to see whether I've perished in flames or at the hand of a machete.
    Beer's cheap, though, which is nice.
    To be fair I moved to London in 1987 and it was all terrorism and general carnage.

There was fires also, mainly in warehouses at weekends to keep people warm and for others to stare at in wonder for hours and hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To be fair I moved to London in 1987 and it was all terrorism and general carnage.
    Is this a confession, sw? Were you part of a sleeper cell?

Were you the one who chased off Jorge? Where is he imo*? Was it the whole Brexit business?

*I take it we still use 'imo' gratuitously

Were you the one who chased off Jorge? Where is he imo*? Was it the whole Brexit business?

Point of etiquette: We don't use tree view in the same way as we used to. In fact some of us don't use it at all. So if you could be so kind as to use the Reply With Quote button that would be *fabulous*.

And no, we don't abuse 'imo' quite as brutally as your example these days. Jorge (PBUI) is now stationed on social media firing out his campaign messages. I gather.

I may have to put my hand up here. Jorge and I had a somewhat heated exchange over Brexit. Let's just say that some things were said (I forget the details) and j decided to jog on.

Absolute :baghead: imo. But honestly, what the ****. Can't wait to read that thread. I'll reserve judgment (sic) until then

Absolute :baghead: imo. But honestly, what the ****. Can't wait to read that thread. I'll reserve judgment (sic) until then
    In my defence, I was quite drunk at the time.

I think B told J to f*ck off and die, amongst other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think B told J to f*ck off and die, amongst other things.
    Thought that sort of light-hearted banter was par for the course on here

Thought that sort of light-hearted banter was par for the course on here
    Oh, it is. But J's feelings are easily hurt, it seems.