Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parliament on lockdown, armed man, police, gunpoint, etc.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I like beer.

I don't like Heineken but I would drink Heineken if there was no other beer on offer.
    Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg, Becks Vier - all the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I went into a pub in Weymouth the other week looking for a cold one and was greeted with a row of pumps containing the first three you listed there.

Needless to say I had the last laugh as I turned straight round and walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I went into a pub in Weymouth the other week looking for a cold one and was greeted with a row of pumps containing the first three you listed there.

And yet there are probably people who would describe one of the three as their 'favourite' despite it being identical to the others.

The barman at the Brixton Academy apologised for only having Carlsberg or Tuborg on offer. Credit it where it is due.

Unfortunately I had to force a couple of those piẞwassers down
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I spent a pleasant 10 days in Portugal recently and took upon myself to drink Sagres for 10 days.

It would not win any awards but on occasions it was as drinkable as €1.50 and was fit for purpose.

I spent a pleasant 10 days in Portugal recently and took upon myself to drink Sagres for 10 days.

It would not win any awards but on occasions it was as drinkable as €1.50 and was fit for purpose.
    Yes, I've had that. Perfectly nice. I quite enjoyed Birra Moretti when I was in Sicily last year. Rehydrated a chap nicely and tasted perfectly pleasant. Haven't drunk it since, of course. What would be the point?

See also Super Bock
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    See also Super Bock
    I liked Super Bok. Quite malty ISTR.

I liked Super Bok. Quite malty ISTR.
    I can only remember that it was passable (when as liquidy close to freezing point as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I can only remember that it was passable (when as liquidy close to freezing point as possible)
    The pool bar only did Sagres so I steamed in. On that basis when there was an option in the evening I sticked on it.

Having said that I had Super Bock in the fridge in the room.

There was a bar in Alvor offering John Smiths during the CL final but I am no philistine IUFG.