Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My sister's voting Labour - not a good sign

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They consider themselves to be a new aristocracy, f. They feel nothing except the most profound contempt for anyone who dares to dissent from their wishes. And that contempt is, at root, predicated on a visceral class hatred for those whose views, education, geographical location or income they feel puts them beneath their exalted status.
    It's more ephemeral than that surely? I mean, they can't all be Cheltenham and Cambridge-educated crude oil brokers, can they?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's more ephemeral than that surely? I mean, they can't all be Cheltenham and Cambridge-educated crude oil brokers, can they?
    Oh, no. It's not that sort of class we're talking about anymore. The self-appointed aristocracy of which I speak is controlled by a tiny metropolitan-based media/pop cultural Brahmin caste who effectively see themselves as being the arbiters of all that is or isn't acceptable. Their hangers-on and lickspittles are usually those of similar outlook and location, but lesser status, who seek reflected glory by mindlessly parroting their views and retweeting their tweets. These people have created an echo chamber that is extremely loud, but actually rather shallow, which is why they keep getting surprised when the electorate hands them their arses.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-07-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Oh, no. It's not that sort of class we're talking about anymore. The self-appointed aristocracy of which I speak is controlled by a tiny metropolitan-based media/pop cultural Brahmin caste who effectively see themselves as being the arbiters of all that is or isn't acceptable. Their hangers-on and lickspittles are usually those of similar outlook and location, but lesser status, who seek reflected glory by mindlessly parroting their views and retweeting their tweets. These people have created an echo chamber that is extremely loud, but actually rather shallow, which is why they keep getting surprised when the electorate hands them their arses.
    New POTD
    Arise Sir Burney
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    New POTD
    Arise Sir Burney
    Thank you, VpV. Now vote Tory, there's a good lad.

Thank you, VpV. Now vote Tory, there's a good lad.
    If it's not a close run thing, why are you so keen to encourage people to vote?

Now I'm scared again. I'm ignoring you until Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If it's not a close run thing, why are you so keen to encourage people to vote?

Now I'm scared again. I'm ignoring you until Friday
    You might as well get scared because Arsenal players try in a game against Lincoln City.

I will remind you of your brown-trousered ways come Friday. You mark my words.

Direct me to these aristocrats, sir. I would speak with them. Brahmin rhymes with ramen, and that's why I think we'd get along.

Impudent brats! I wish I had their chutzpah. That's political correctness for you, I suppose
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Impudent brats! I wish I had their chutzpah. That's political correctness for you, I suppose
    Yes. Still, Mick Hucknall's sound, it turns out.

https://twitter.com/mjhucknall/statu...52745793212416

Yes. Still, Mick Hucknall's sound, it turns out.

https://twitter.com/mjhucknall/statu...52745793212416
    Decent chap. Never liked his music although I seem to recall some of it was featured in Miami Vice.