Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I tired to fix the dishwasher!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You broke the lower spray bar, didn't you?
    With regret, I must confirm your theory

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    With regret, I must confirm your theory
    To be fair, you have the hands of a navvy. We should have expected nothing else.

I'll order a new dishwasher
    I had no idea they were so expensive, having just replaced one that had given me almost twenty years service.
    Needless to say, I went German again.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I had no idea they were so expensive, having just replaced one that had given me almost twenty years service.
    I inherited an ancient Hotpoint job when I moved into the house that is still going great guns.

I inherited an ancient Hotpoint job when I moved into the house that is still going great guns.
    I was once dispatched by a withering look of contempt from a german service engineer, who I called out to fix my Hotpoint washing machine, shortly after moving there on a secondment.
    The bloke couldn't fathom why there was both a hot and cold feed and having poked about a bit, he suggested we by a proper machine to do the job.. Recognising we were on a loser, we swiftly went off to the local Saturn and weighed in with a Siemens.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    300 quid areas, isn't it? Cheap, really. It's going to last 3 years, that's £2 a week

300 quid areas, isn't it? Cheap, really. It's going to last 3 years, that's £2 a week
    Be a lot easier if people (wife and child) put the dirty stuff in the dishwasher rather then in the sink, so that I don't then have to move it to where it should go in the 1st place!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Be a lot easier if people (wife and child) put the dirty stuff in the dishwasher rather then in the sink, so that I don't then have to move it to where it should go in the 1st place!
    But surely you rinse first? This is the key to long dishwasher life imo.

Your attitude to dishwashers is on the screaming maniac side of OCD.

Yes, rinse and then place in dishwasher. Not leave in the sink for me to rinse!!