Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh! May and Corbyn are going to have a 'Leaders' debate'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I'd really hoped that we were going to avoid this sort of crap altogether. It's so utterly ghastly and American and I cannot seriously believe it's going to change the way anyone at all votes.
    It worked out well for Nick Clegg... oh

I do agree they are pointless though - maybe they could actually just do an episode of Pointless instead. I would vote for someone who could get all the pointless answers from players who played in the 1980 cup final

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It worked out well for Nick Clegg... oh

I do agree they are pointless though - maybe they could actually just do an episode of Pointless instead. I would vote for someone who could get all the pointless answers from players who played in the 1980 cup final
    Jennings, Rice, O'Leary, Young ( ) Nelson, Talbot, Brady, Rix, Price, Sunderland, Stapleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Jennings, Rice, O'Leary, Young ( ) Nelson, Talbot, Brady, Rix, Price, Sunderland, Stapleton.
    a great side...you wouldn't get many of that lot pansying about like our current crop of powder-puff tarts.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    a great side...you wouldn't get many of that lot pansying about like our current crop of powder-puff tarts.
    The first 5 players on that list would be arrested for assault after their first tackle these days

Sammy Nelson was probably mentally unwell, in retrospect. He enjoyed hurting people.

The first 5 players on that list would be arrested for assault after their first tackle these days

Sammy Nelson was probably mentally unwell, in retrospect. He enjoyed hurting people.
    And Graham Rix might be checking out the ball girls to see if any were suitable
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Technically correct in that those 11 players all took part but Nelson was sub - controversially dropped for John Devine. Then arguably more controversially made the 12th man meaning when we were looking for a game changer we were faced with just swapping left backs. I was 8 and could tell that was a bad move

Parkes, Stewart, Bonds, Martin, Lampard, Pearson, Allen ( ), Brooking, Devonshire, Pike, Cross since you ask

couldn't get the West Ham subs though - Paul Brush

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Technically correct in that those 11 players all took part but Nelson was sub - controversially dropped for John Devine. Then arguably more controversially made the 12th man meaning when we were looking for a game changer we were faced with just swapping left backs. I was 8 and could tell that was a bad move

Parkes, Stewart, Bonds, Martin, Lampard, Pearson, Allen ( ), Brooking, Devonshire, Pike, Cross since you ask

couldn't get the West Ham subs though - Paul Brush
    Ooh, I had a vague recollection of Devine playing but didn't have the strength of my convictions to go with it. A lesson to be learnt there la.

Brooking

Ooh, I had a vague recollection of Devine playing but didn't have the strength of my convictions to go with it. A lesson to be learnt there la.

Brooking

I seem to recall the European loss a few days later hurting more.

The glamour of Europe, Kempes and Bonhof, us not being utter shít (unlike at Wembley), then the penalties, Liam’s last ever kick of a ball for us etc.

Devastated I was.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I seem to recall the European loss a few days later hurting more.

The glamour of Europe, Kempes and Bonhof, us not being utter shít (unlike at Wembley), then the penalties, Liam’s last ever kick of a ball for us etc.

Devastated I was.
    Yes. It was particularly painful standing at Heysel

For some obscure reason I ended up on a charter flight out of Southend... with the supporter's club.

There were deviants on that aeroplane.

Yes. It was particularly painful standing at Heysel

For some obscure reason I ended up on a charter flight out of Southend... with the supporter's club.

There were deviants on that aeroplane.
    Are there still such things as supporters' clubs? Or do they call them something slightly less redolent of meat paste sandwiches and blow-up sex dolls these days?