Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of getting slaughtered, I went to the bull fighting in Sevilla on Saturday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Speaking of getting slaughtered, I went to the bull fighting in Sevilla on Saturday

and quite an amazing experience it was.

The Spanish get all dressed up, as the English do for horse racing, and there was no shortage of talent about. The Spanish men smoke huge cigars in the stadium and shout all sorts of appreciative things which were beyond me.

But as a spectacle which was evocative of their culture it was exceptional. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. Very interesting and lots of fun.

Less so for the bull, of course. But to paraphrase Burney, 'it's just a f*cking bull'.

Ole!

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    and quite an amazing experience it was.

The Spanish get all dressed up, as the English do for horse racing, and there was no shortage of talent about. The Spanish men smoke huge cigars in the stadium and shout all sorts of appreciative things which were beyond me.

But as a spectacle which was evocative of their culture it was exceptional. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. Very interesting and lots of fun.

Less so for the bull, of course. But to paraphrase Burney, 'it's just a f*cking bull'.

Ole!
    I can honestly say I would rather watch Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I can honestly say I would rather watch Arsenal.
    Um, yeah, but unless you've been to the bull fighting you can't be sure, can you Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Um, yeah, but unless you've been to the bull fighting you can't be sure, can you Peter?
    I never got the chance to be present at a lynching but I am fairly confident I wouldn't have enjoyed it.

It's just one of those things that you don't need to try for yourself. Like watching wrestling.

I never got the chance to be present at a lynching but I am fairly confident I wouldn't have enjoyed it.

It's just one of those things that you don't need to try for yourself. Like watching wrestling.
    Actually, I went to the wrestling at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon as a kid a few times and it was tremendous fun. Of course, the first few rows were occupied by the severely intellectually challenged, but it was none the worse for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Actually, I went to the wrestling at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon as a kid a few times and it was tremendous fun. Of course, the first few rows were occupied by the severely intellectually challenged, but it was none the worse for that.
    Oh I attach no moral judgement here, b. Each to their own and all that.

I mean, I hate strip clubs but I appreciate that other people love them. I just know its not for me.

What sort of wrestling are we talking about here P?

Modern day nonsense or old skool nonsense? Giant Haystacks or John Cena? Big Daddy or Big Show?

Both shíte of course but I am a stickler for detail.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Modern day nonsense or old skool nonsense? Giant Haystacks or John Cena? Big Daddy or Big Show?

In both cases it appears to be large men in underpants. I am not sure I would want to spare either form so lets say both.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Ah, you have a young son too, don't you
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Surely that would depend entirely upon *who* was for it?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."