Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Phwoar, Charles! No matter how sick you are, this will turn your crank

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-released-iwm/

I'm pretty sure this is the picture that made me fall in love with it all those years ago.
    Law Road Kitchen next Wednesday, btw. If it's all poncey nonsense I'm blaming you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Law Road Kitchen next Wednesday, btw. If it's all poncey nonsense I'm blaming you.
    Pretty sure you mean Lake Road Kitchen, I loved it.

He brings in a fish of the day each day and it isn't on the menu but they mention it to you. The people next to us had it and it looked quite stunning. Done with miso and Japanese herbs etc. I'd recommend it.

Pretty sure you mean Lake Road Kitchen, I loved it.

He brings in a fish of the day each day and it isn't on the menu but they mention it to you. The people next to us had it and it looked quite stunning. Done with miso and Japanese herbs etc. I'd recommend it.
    Lake, yes, Lake. They told me it's tasting menu only now. Load of smears and foams and gels and textures of this and foraged that.

Lot of nonsense.

Lake, yes, Lake. They told me it's tasting menu only now. Load of smears and foams and gels and textures of this and foraged that.

Lot of nonsense.
    Are people still doing all that? How effing tiresome.

What's wrong with a hunk of meat, a nice gravy and a good rake o' spuds?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are people still doing all that? How effing tiresome.

What's wrong with a hunk of meat, a nice gravy and a good rake o' spuds?
    Wasn't that way when I ate there. Quite the finest bread I have ever eaten instead of an amuse bouche. Snails to start, beetroot salad then guinea fowl with truffle as I recall. And dessert was the best bit.

Exceptional.

Wasn't that way when I ate there. Quite the finest bread I have ever eaten instead of an amuse bouche. Snails to start, beetroot salad then guinea fowl with truffle as I recall. And dessert was the best bit.

Exceptional.
    I assume there is a wine pairing? Quite how I'm supposed to drive home halfway up ****ing wry nose pass, three parts pissed and recovering from a stroke, I've no idea. The whole thing sounds like a disaster.

I assume there is a wine pairing? Quite how I'm supposed to drive home halfway up ****ing wry nose pass, three parts pissed and recovering from a stroke, I've no idea. The whole thing sounds like a disaster.
    I knew a chap who got Bell's Palsy and ended up with a droopy face. Bad business.

Exceptional.

Out of interest, how were the snails prepared? I've yet to find a snail that managed to be anything more than ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Out of interest, how were the snails prepared? I've yet to find a snail that managed to be anything more than ordinary.
    In general, I would assert that a snail is a pleasingly chewy vehicle for garlic butter. I once, however, enjoyed a snail and mushroom crumble in a little French bistro, pleasingly titled 'les escargots avec ses compagnons les champignons '.