Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only two more months of Jeremy Corbyn :-(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They're already turning on each other savagely before campaigning's even begun. This could be one of the weirdest election campaigns ever.
    I can confidently predict that Labour will mount the most hilarious, catastrophic election campaign since the infamous 'longest suicide note' campaign of 1983. You are going to love it.

So am I. Getting rid of Corbyn three years earlier than expected is a nice bonus from our generous PM. A minor tactical gamble which could backfire. THe last thing she needs over the next two years is effective opposition and that is the last thing she has at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    ssdssdssdsdsd
    Yes. A real shame, that. He's really made politics so much funnier.

Yes. A real shame, that. He's really made politics so much funnier.
    Do you think they'll go hard on the IRA and general terrorist sympathising stuff during the campaign, or will they be cautious about such tactics after the damage it did to Goldsmith when he tried it with Khan?

Do you think they'll go hard on the IRA and general terrorist sympathising stuff during the campaign, or will they be cautious about such tactics after the damage it did to Goldsmith when he tried it with Khan?
    I don't know that it'll be necessary. Unless he performs unexpectedly well, he'll hang himself without them having to do anything.

ssdssdssdsdsd

I bet Corbyn is busy writing his victory speech
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I bet Corbyn is busy writing his victory speech
    The funniest thing is if Corbyn and the left try to hang on after a devastating electoral defeat. That could be hilarious.

The funniest thing is if Corbyn and the left try to hang on after a devastating electoral defeat. That could be hilarious.
    He may well do - the constant carping that it is the destructive Blairists who are causing all their problems show no signs of abating and it's clear who will be to blame when they are hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He may well do - the constant carping that it is the destructive Blairists who are causing all their problems show no signs of abating and it's clear who will be to blame when they are hammered
    The problem is that many of those Blairists will have lost their seats and thus leave the left in total control of the Party. At which point, I'd have thought a split would be inevitable.

The problem is that many of those Blairists will have lost their seats and thus leave the left in total control of the Party. At which point, I'd have thought a split would be inevitable.
    The Party has faced this repeatedly over the years. The response is always to run back to the centre ground.

Whoever takes over is basically facing the Kinnock years.... structural change that destroys your own leadership but starts the work for the next guy.