Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a great Easter weekend. Spurs now in with a real shout of winning the title.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If that happens, I for one will welcome thermonuclear war.
    On the plus side, we could f*ck up their chances by avoiding defeat at the Lane.

Also, they have a few other nasty fixtures left. I'm not panicking yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    On the plus side, we could f*ck up their chances by avoiding defeat at the Lane.

Also, they have a few other nasty fixtures left. I'm not panicking yet.
    Or we could be a stepping stone to their triumph - doubly so if we were to lose to them in the Cup Final.

This could literally be the worst year in human history

They won't win it purely because there is not enough matches left for Chelsea to fúck it up, I even took the most deviant of steps and looked at their remaining fixtures such was my concern at how very ordinary they appeared on Sunday.

I do think Spurs are the best side in the league but then the football cliché about winning the league will over-rule that.
    Last edited by SWv2; 04-18-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    They won't win it purely because there is not enough matches left for Chelsea to fúck it up, I even took the most deviant of steps and looked at their remaining fixtures such was my concern at how very ordinary they appeared on Sunday.

I do think Spurs are the best side in the league but then the football cliché about winning the league will over-rule that.
    Spurs are the best side right now. Probably not while Chelsea went on what looked like their long, title-winning run.

There were plenty of existential moments when Arsenal were the best side in seasons that they did not win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Spurs are the best side right now. Probably not while Chelsea went on what looked like their long, title-winning run.

There were plenty of existential moments when Arsenal were the best side in seasons that they did not win the title.
    This is very true but there was a large portion of last season, up until they imploded with 3-4 to go, that I also then believed they were the best side in the league.

A keeper the equal of any other, the best defence in the league, a very effective and functional midfield and a forward line with a striker as good as any in the league. Then they went and improved on this in the summer with the excellent signing of Wanyama.

While Kante has been getting rave reviews from every angle this season I have not seen a better midfield footballer in the PL than Dembele.

Even when they lose a player like Kane and most predict imminent doom they just carry on.

While the points difference in only 10 or whatever we appear on a whole different level (at this moment).

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

'existential moments'? In football?

You gave me a red for 'leverage' so I'm afraid this one is as nailed on as they get.

'Ave it

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    'existential moments'? In football?

You gave me a red for 'leverage' so I'm afraid this one is as nailed on as they get.

'Ave it
    **** off, ref. You can't send me off for a mere tautology. I was using the word in its meaning of 'in the moment' to distinguish a team in good nick from one which performs well enough in 38 games to win the league.

And it's a proper word. You used leverage as a verb, which a Yanqui, corporate buzzword-bingo crime.

Indeed not. Whilst sitting on the sofa on Sunday morning I was overwhelmed by an attack of severe vertigo and nausea and have been confined to a bed since. Standing or walking are entirely beyond me. I wonder if I might have suffered a mild stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Indeed not. Whilst sitting on the sofa on Sunday morning I was overwhelmed by an attack of severe vertigo and nausea and have been confined to a bed since. Standing or walking are entirely beyond me. I wonder if I might have suffered a mild stroke.
    RIP Sir C. At least you won't see Tottnumb win the Double

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, my dear chap. Sounds more like your inner ear, tbh. I had that a while ago. When I lay down at a certain angle, I'd feel like I was plunging into the depths of hell. Sorted itself out.