Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
The stadium shouldn't have any impact on their ability to pay wages as I would expect that the increased TV revenue would allow them to easily cover the additional wages required to keep Ali, Kane et al. It will impact their ability to compete in the transfer market until the stadium is built as any cash reserves will probably be used to fund the stadium to keep the loan to a minimum. However they seem to have a very good group of very young players there so their need to go into the transfer market may be small. Once the stadium is built, they should have additional money provided the increased revenues associated with the stadium exceed the annual interest payments on the loan (as they did at Arsenal to the tune of £30mil per year) which they are likely to in this time of low rates.

All of which sounds great, until as you point out, Pochettino leaves. It is that which they will fear, I think. Not the impact of the stadium.
To compete with the wages on offer at the Manchester clubs and Chelsea, never mind Barca, Real and Bayern who would be sniffing around the likes of Alli, Dembele, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen, would require not only a massive investment (again I shall use the example of Alli currently being on 50 grand and Lindgard on 100,000 - do you not find that staggering) but a considerable change in their policy. Not too much of a stretch to suggest to do this at a time when they are financing a stadium and have actually said there would be some constraints on their spending