Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Easter Plans?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Best go easy on the vin de Bordeaux tonight then, old chap.
    Have you suffered a blow to the head? Tonight is the start of a bank holiday weekend; I shall indulge until I fall.

The alrm clock will drag me rudely into an inferno of pounding head and sweating tomorrow, then an hour's work on the barbecue and a 5 mile run will put all to rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you suffered a blow to the head? Tonight is the start of a bank holiday weekend; I shall indulge until I fall.

The alrm clock will drag me rudely into an inferno of pounding head and sweating tomorrow, then an hour's work on the barbecue and a 5 mile run will put all to rights.
    Still, it's preferable to the old days, when you'd have been on it until 4am and had to start smoking your pork shoulder while twitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Still, it's preferable to the old days, when you'd have been on it until 4am and had to start smoking your pork shoulder while twitching.
    True enough. In related news, I felt a movement of air through my left nostril this morning for the first time in about 15 years. Imagine having two working nostrils! What a moment that would be.

True enough. In related news, I felt a movement of air through my left nostril this morning for the first time in about 15 years. Imagine having two working nostrils! What a moment that would be.
    Oh, dear. I'm a bit worried that suddenly being able to smell again may come as a terrible shock to you.

You could be like Gulliver at the end of the book, where he's so disgusted by humanity having seen it in close up that he shuts himself away.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, dear. I'm a bit worried that suddenly being able to smell again may come as a terrible shock to you.

You could be like Gulliver at the end of the book, where he's so disgusted by humanity having seen it in close up that he shuts himself away.
    Oh, I hold no hope for the smellbuds functioning again. I'm just excited at the prospect of being able to breathe efficiently.

I'm going to buy some hooter spray to see if that will help.

Oh, I hold no hope for the smellbuds functioning again. I'm just excited at the prospect of being able to breathe efficiently.

I'm going to buy some hooter spray to see if that will help.
    Probably best. Imagine if you found out you didn't like how - for instance - your wife smelled.

Good call on the spray. Also, a few good toots of it and you get a little buzz.