Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I was hoping for Monty's analysis of the current Arsenal league position.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Catholics don't claim to be infallible - quite the reverse, in fact. The Pope used to, but doesn't anymore.

Never understood Protestants, who believe in predestination. Can't see the point in that, tbh. Might as well not bother if it's predestined.
    I meant the Pope. Was that overturned was it? Be curious as to how that vote came about.

And even without that, I find Catholicism by far the most intrusive of the strains of Christianity. Do Anglicans become pro-life and actively campaign against abortion rights because of their faith as much as Catholics do? I don't think so. Catholics are about the only Christians who don't seem to know their place.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I meant the Pope. Was that overturned was it? Be curious as to how that vote came about.

And even without that, I find Catholicism by far the most intrusive of the strains of Christianity. Do Anglicans become pro-life and actively campaign against abortion rights because of their faith as much as Catholics do? I don't think so. Catholics are about the only Christians who don't seem to know their place.
    Who needs a vote? If the Pope who is infallible says he's not infallible, he's not infallible because he's infallible. How hard is that to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Who needs a vote? ?
    Is that white smoke rising out of that beer mug?

Yes. That went in Vatican II back in the 60s, I think.

I think pro-lifing is pretty much universal among most Christians in the states due to the whole pesky 'Thou shalt not kill' thing.

Anglicans aren't real Christians. They're not even real protestants, bless 'em.

I think pro-lifing is pretty much universal among most Christians in the states due to the whole pesky 'Thou shalt not kill' thing.

Really? That hasn't been my experience. Catholics and the Yankee born again nutters are very anti-choice however the more mainstream Protestants in my experience are much less judgmental and perfectly capable of understanding why 'thou shalt not kill' doesn't really apply.

Really? That hasn't been my experience. Catholics and the Yankee born again nutters are very anti-choice however the more mainstream Protestants in my experience are much less judgmental and perfectly capable of understanding why 'thou shalt not kill' doesn't really apply.
    Ah. 'Mainstream' Christians, eh? Those would be the ones who pick and choose their commandments, I imagine.

Not real Christians. Heretics, too, obviously.

Ah. 'Mainstream' Christians, eh? Those would be the ones who pick and choose their commandments, I imagine.

Not real Christians. Heretics, too, obviously.
    Yes, quite. Hence their appeal.

But conscript their youth, give them a gun and send them to kill those who live in other countries is perfectly acceptable?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman