Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You would be absolutely entitled to your miffedness, but the fact is that it's their aeroplane at the end of the day and that means it's their rules.
    That isn't strictly true though, is it. They can't do whatever they want to you just because it is their plane.

Looks like they were forced to let him back on eventually. THey look like incompetent ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That isn't strictly true though, is it. They can't do whatever they want to you just because it is their plane.

Looks like they were forced to let him back on eventually. THey look like incompetent ****s.
    But physical force is the ultimate sanction in that situation. If all else fails, you do have to physically remove the guy from the flight. Yes, I'm sure they could have been more creative, but they do ultimately have the right to remove you from their aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But physical force is the ultimate sanction in that situation. If all else fails, you do have to physically remove the guy from the flight. Yes, I'm sure they could have been more creative, but they do ultimately have the right to remove you from their aircraft.
    I wouldn't have got off and I am a very reasonable person indeed. They should have raised the offer until someone accepted it. It isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I understand that the airline told him to get off the aircraft and he refused, and then squealed like a pig when they dragged him off?

It's their fúcking aeroplane, mate. If they tell you to get off, get off or expect to be dragged off, surely?

What a grade A ****.
    Strong letter would have sorted it.

I don't have a problem with this BUT there seems to be some other stuff that went on which needs to be explained by UA.

Like what happened to him the first time he was taken off and returned all battered and bruised.

-

Similar thing happened to me in Joburg last year...British Airways flight back to London was overbooked and I was told at check in that they fuc ked up and I'll just have to keep checking back to see if there was room or they would compensate me. Ultimately missed the flight but there was leaving an hour later and they bumped me up to Business class at no extra charge. It was pretty sweet..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I understand that the airline told him to get off the aircraft and he refused, and then squealed like a pig when they dragged him off?

It's their fúcking aeroplane, mate. If they tell you to get off, get off or expect to be dragged off, surely?

What a grade A ****.

I'd be interested to know what the criteria was that resulted in these particular individuals being chosen. Was it last checked in or last to book seats, was it at random or was there another reason?

Regardless, United do come out of this looking like grade A c*nts.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'd be interested to know what the criteria was that resulted in these particular individuals being chosen. Was it last checked in or last to book seats, was it at random or was there another reason?

Regardless, United do come out of this looking like grade A c*nts.
    Ticket class (ie how much you paid), frequent flyer status..basically they choose whoever's custom they care about the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ticket class (ie how much you paid), frequent flyer status..basically they choose whoever's custom they care about the least.
    In that case what would his options be? Take it on the chin and accept the decision?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    In that case what would his options be? Take it on the chin and accept the decision?
    Yes, literally, or it may have been the nose.

I would have taken the money but that is me.