Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well, if I had paid for a ticket, they had accepted the ticket at check in, let me board the aeroplane and sat in the seat they had allocated me. I might be a bit pissed off to be told I was one of the lucky 4 that couldn't fly because their staff deserved the seats more

You would be absolutely entitled to your miffedness, but the fact is that it's their aeroplane at the end of the day and that means it's their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You would be absolutely entitled to your miffedness, but the fact is that it's their aeroplane at the end of the day and that means it's their rules.
    Will cost them millions imo, sop well done UA for being ****s
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

That isn't strictly true though, is it. They can't do whatever they want to you just because it is their plane.

Looks like they were forced to let him back on eventually. THey look like incompetent ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That isn't strictly true though, is it. They can't do whatever they want to you just because it is their plane.

Looks like they were forced to let him back on eventually. THey look like incompetent ****s.
    But physical force is the ultimate sanction in that situation. If all else fails, you do have to physically remove the guy from the flight. Yes, I'm sure they could have been more creative, but they do ultimately have the right to remove you from their aircraft.

But physical force is the ultimate sanction in that situation. If all else fails, you do have to physically remove the guy from the flight. Yes, I'm sure they could have been more creative, but they do ultimately have the right to remove you from their aircraft.
    I wouldn't have got off and I am a very reasonable person indeed. They should have raised the offer until someone accepted it. It isn't rocket science.

I wouldn't have got off and I am a very reasonable person indeed. They should have raised the offer until someone accepted it. It isn't rocket science.
    Your first sentence is an absolute contradiction. It's their aeroplane, they make the rules, and by purchasing a ticket you enter into a contract agreeing with those rules.

"I'm not getting off this aeroplane" is the attitude of a petulant child, not a reasoning adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Your first sentence is an absolute contradiction. It's their aeroplane, they make the rules, and by purchasing a ticket you enter into a contract agreeing with those rules.

"I'm not getting off this aeroplane" is the attitude of a petulant child, not a reasoning adult.
    Don't be ridiculous. It is an absurd situation that is completely their own fault and falling back on 'its our plane, we make the rules' is a direct contradiction of every statement they make with regard to customer service. Its dishonest, lazy and piss-poor conduct.

They may well have the right to do it but that is a right they shouldn't be exercising, and certainly not in this manner.

****s. Worse than BA and that is saying something.

Don't be ridiculous. It is an absurd situation that is completely their own fault and falling back on 'its our plane, we make the rules' is a direct contradiction of every statement they make with regard to customer service. Its dishonest, lazy and piss-poor conduct.

They may well have the right to do it but that is a right they shouldn't be exercising, and certainly not in this manner.

****s. Worse than BA and that is saying something.
    What a lot of wishy-washy old bóllocks.

You bought into the contract. No one forced you to. Just because playing by the rules isn't convenient for you on this occasion, you expect the other party to the contract to forego their rights.

Generation fúcking snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

like a reverse Mr T.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    like a reverse Mr T.