Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He was running up and down the plane shouting "I've got to get home! I've got to get home!" and claiming to be a doctor in a funny little sing-song voice. It was very funny.

Mind you, beating up a customer because you want to bump them for your own staff members is not a great look, PR-wise.
    That's the point, though. They didn't beat him up, he simply became damage because they had to use force to get him off, which is entirely his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's the point, though. They didn't beat him up, he simply became damage because they had to use force to get him off, which is entirely his fault.
    While accurate, I think at this stage that is now a technicality and will largely be lost on the millions of people who have seen that video.

It's going to cost United a fortune. Mind you, given my experience of flying United from the states (no seat-back entertainment - just TVs on the ceiling showing 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' on a constant loop - this was in 2012 - and they lost my bag), I would be happy to be given a grand and fly with someone else.

While accurate, I think at this stage that is now a technicality and will largely be lost on the millions of people who have seen that video.

It's going to cost United a fortune. Mind you, given my experience of flying United from the states (no seat-back entertainment - just TVs on the ceiling showing 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' on a constant loop - this was in 2012 - and they lost my bag), I would be happy to be given a grand and fly with someone else.
    It's odd just how appalling all Yanqui airlines are and, indeed, always have been.

I remember TWA being referred to as 'Try Walking Across' back in the day.

It's odd just how appalling all Yanqui airlines are and, indeed, always have been.

I remember TWA being referred to as 'Try Walking Across' back in the day.
    They're also fúcking surly. Airlines are one place where British customer service is infinitely better than American in my experience.

They're also fúcking surly. Airlines are one place where British customer service is infinitely better than American in my experience.
    I used to regularly take a Pan Am flight from Heathrow to Frankfurt, which originated in New York and stopped at Heathrow for fuel. The reason it couldn't get all the way to Frankfurt in one hit was that it was the world's oldest 727, rattling its way across the pond years after it should have been relegated to flying contraband in West Africa.

I used to regularly take a Pan Am flight from Heathrow to Frankfurt, which originated in New York and stopped at Heathrow for fuel. The reason it couldn't get all the way to Frankfurt in one hit was that it was the world's oldest 727, rattling its way across the pond years after it should have been relegated to flying contraband in West Africa.
    The aircraft they use for internal flights over there are incredibly tatty old pieces of shīt they clearly just flog and flog until they die.

The aircraft they use for internal flights over there are incredibly tatty old pieces of shīt they clearly just flog and flog until they die.
    I had an old McDonnell-Douglas from Vegas to San Fran, 1st class consisted of a marginally larger seat and a glass of Champagne on take off.