Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Now, I'm the first to applaud Chuck Berry's contribution to Rock and Roll, but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can't help but feel that the fulsome tributes over the weekend did rather gloss over his conviction for taking a 14 year-old girl over a state line for sex and him putting cameras in the ladies' lavatories of his restaurant and filming over 200 women.
    Yes, when the glw told me he'd died I noted that he was a fine musician but an enthusiastic sex criminal; she assured me that I was mistaken and that I was thinking of Jerry Lee Lewis.

It would appear that Jerry is tainted for eternity for one small indiscretion by that Chuck gets a free pass for a lifetime of deviancy. Political correctness, one assumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, when the glw told me he'd died I noted that he was a fine musician but an enthusiastic sex criminal; she assured me that I was mistaken and that I was thinking of Jerry Lee Lewis.

It would appear that Jerry is tainted for eternity for one small indiscretion by that Chuck gets a free pass for a lifetime of deviancy. Political correctness, one assumes.
    Yes. At least Jerry Lee married the 13 year-old cousin before knobbing her. Honourable, y'see? Not like Berry, who was a foul deviant.