Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: SportsWimb. Have you been sent off in a match?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Can't say I have. Although last year I had to physically intervene to stop an Australian team mate abusing a 16 year-old kid - for which he was banned for the rest of the season.
    I had a few times when captaining sides - normally based on the fact that if anyone had the right to abuse the opposition it was me

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I had a few times when captaining sides - normally based on the fact that if anyone had the right to abuse the opposition it was me
    This bloke was a lunatic, though. He'd take against a batsman for no discernible reason and just relentlessly sledge them for the entire game. At the end of every over, he'd be up in their face squaring up to them. It just got tiresome and embarrassing in this case, so I grabbed the back of his shirt, told him to stop being a prick and pulled him away.

He was a nice lad off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This bloke was a lunatic, though. He'd take against a batsman for no discernible reason and just relentlessly sledge them for the entire game. At the end of every over, he'd be up in their face squaring up to them. It just got tiresome and embarrassing in this case, so I grabbed the back of his shirt, told him to stop being a prick and pulled him away.

He was a nice lad off the pitch.
    Always the way