Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
I didn't suggest that he wasn't a good manager; I meant that there were those who suggested that he doesn't necessarily fart lightning and **** thunder, rather that he simply did a good job with by far the best squads in the Spanish and German leagues, but might find things in England a little trickier.
Oh I know you did not dismiss him but I expect many are just bursting to do so.

His achievements with Barcelona cannot be dismissed, especially the non-domestic success, but then I have seen his Barcelona team described as being the best ever, the players he had at that time all at their peak.

Thing is he started the season brilliantly and there was the now predictable nonsense in the media about his team going unbeaten for the year and since then silly peaks and troughs of play. If he loses at home next week against (a very good) Spurs then I suspect the Mancunian locals may become restless and with a week to go in the January window they will go again.

I like watching his teams but think it is very obvious that so many of his players have seen better days yet they don’t appear to have addressed the issue last summer.

Still, you know, perspective and all that. They are only 1-2 or whatever points behind us and at the same point in various cups as us, hardly a disaster just yet.