Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Reading The Times thing with Trump this morning, it becomes clear that The Donald is

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Don't get me wrong. While I think he's pretty intellectually limited, a monstrous egotist, a braggart, vain, petty, vindictive and a tremendous vulgarian, I don't see these as necessarily bad things per se. Indeed, I think them ingredients in what promises to be an enormously entertaining next few years.
    What really interests me is whether if - as I suspect it will - the United States comes through his Presidency just fine or even better off, will this lead people to question just how important who happens to be President actually is?
    Indeed. Although legacy is in the eye of the (often partisan) beholder.

As a tangential example, we now know that a Tory politician saying that jobs for Brits should be prioritised can now be officially classified as a ‘hate’ incident. So whatever Theresa May achieves as PM, there will be those who point out that ‘hate’ crimes spiked under her leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Indeed. Although legacy is in the eye of the (often partisan) beholder.

As a tangential example, we now know that a Tory politician saying that jobs for Brits should be prioritised can now be officially classified as a ‘hate’ incident. So whatever Theresa May achieves as PM, there will be those who point out that ‘hate’ crimes spiked under her leadership.
    Luckily, the left fails to learn the lesson from its effective neutering of the term 'racist' through overuse. 'Hate crime' will soon go the same way, as everyone just stops believing in the idea. And rightly so. A disgusting and nakedly Orwellian term that presumes motive and prioritises it over action. Ugh.