Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Goodbye Adrian Anthony, and God bless you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of all the celebrity deaths in 2016, this is the only one to really touch me as I will miss his work terribly.

Other than the baboon bothering, obvs. Mind you, baboons are nasty aggressive búggers, and baboon shít is the worst thing to get on your shoe.

I am full of admiration for his insistence that his Savile Row suits were all lined with scarves from Hermes. Now that is style.

I wonder if The Wolseley will set up his usual table the way they did for Lucien Freud?
    Come now. He was no Terry Wogan.

The apparent speed of his demise was a little surprising but having read parts of his piece yesterday it turns out chemo had totally failed, totally f**ked from that point as I am aware from family history.

Condolences to his family of course but in general I don’t subscribe to huge outpourings of grief for celebrities from mere ordinary people. The passing of Bowie earlier this year almost turned into a sideshow as people compared their levels of grief with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Come now. He was no Terry Wogan.
    Colonel Now wasn't Terry Wogan, I concur.

Dear old Terry goes into the bin with Prince and Bowie. I admired them greatly for their previous work, but I was never going to be touched by anything new they did.

Adrian Anthony was still churning it out every week.

Árse and balls, the restaurant review was the first thing I read in the ST! For years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Colonel Now wasn't Terry Wogan, I concur.

Dear old Terry goes into the bin with Prince and Bowie. I admired them greatly for their previous work, but I was never going to be touched by anything new they did.

Adrian Anthony was still churning it out every week.

Árse and balls, the restaurant review was the first thing I read in the ST! For years and years.
    Oh. You've made the point for me.

Exactly. I haven't listened to a Bowie song later than Ashes to Ashes (c.1980/1?) when AA Gill was my first reading every Sunday. Huge difference.