Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I note that our stabby friend from Russell Square with the 'mental health issues' has

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I note that our stabby friend from Russell Square with the 'mental health issues' has

been ruled fit to plead. Ho-hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    been ruled fit to plead. Ho-hum.
    Norwegian lad, apparently. Must have been fed up about the performance of his country's sovereign wealth fund, what with oil prices being depressed for so long.

That's my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Norwegian lad, apparently. Must have been fed up about the performance of his country's sovereign wealth fund, what with oil prices being depressed for so long.

That's my theory.
    Or possibly that it costs him a tenner to buy a pint? That'd depress me.

A tenner? More like 40 quid post 23rd June.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A tenner? More like 40 quid post 23rd June.
    Of course. I've got to spend another nightless week there next June. I expect to see the FD weeping when he sees my expenses.

Of course. I've got to spend another nightless week there next June. I expect to see the FD weeping when he sees my expenses.
    It's so bloody confusing.
    Not just it being light at night.

you have no idea what time of day it is. You think it's 4 and it's already 8pm.

I paid £8.80 for a pint the other day (93 NOK)

The chap working in the hotel was on £38k a year minimum though, so I was effectively funding that

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    I paid £8.80 for a pint the other day (93 NOK)

The chap working in the hotel was on £38k a year minimum though, so I was effectively funding that
    I struggle to see how you could live on £38k pa in Norway, though. Particularly as they absolutely rape you in tax from what I understand.

I struggle to see how you could live on £38k pa in Norway, though. Particularly as they absolutely rape you in tax from what I understand.
    A lot of the money they take in tax comes back in the form of state sponsored services, which you don't have to pay again for. For example, my 2 kids are in kindergarten from 08:00 - 16:00 Mon - Fri. This costs me about 200 quid a month for the two of them. My friends in the UK pay an absolute fortune for an equivalent service. My 25 min train journey from Shenfield to Liv st used to cost me nearly £3k a year I think. I now pay half that for a 25 minute boat trip which also includes unlimited trams, trains etc.

My wife and I have been given 12 months parental leave (her 10 months, me 2) and we continue to get 100% pay. That means you don't lose a few years of income to have a family

People here don't drink alcohol like we do in the UK. They would never go on an all day sessiondrinking all day as it would cost a fortune. they normally buy their full limit of alcohol every time they travel (Norwegians fly a lot) and have people over for dinner, get smashed at home and then head out at 23:00ish to drink a few in bars

Over here, the lowest skilled professions earn a wage that means they can afford to go on a good holiday every year, many own winter or summer cabins and boats (you can deduct your loans and mortgages from the assets you own so it is better from a tax perspective)
    Last edited by Brentwood; 12-08-2016 at 11:26 AM.