Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay cake couple lose discrimination case

Gay cake couple lose discrimination case

It's a shocker, alright. We can no longer act as our consciences dictate because someone is going to call it discriminatory.

At the risk of being trite, one wonders how the case would have gone had the baker been muslim. But then it would never have arisen, since Christians are easy targets.

Meanwhile, the Lord Mayor of Manchester has been called some names he finds 'hurtful and offensive' and believes that should therefore be a matter for prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's a shocker, alright. We can no longer act as our consciences dictate because someone is going to call it discriminatory.

At the risk of being trite, one wonders how the case would have gone had the baker been muslim. But then it would never have arisen, since Christians are easy targets.

Meanwhile, the Lord Mayor of Manchester has been called some names he finds 'hurtful and offensive' and believes that should therefore be a matter for prosecution.
    Yes, I look forward to the first Muslim printer prosecuted for refusing to print cartoons of Muhammed.

Have you seen his hair? I'd be tempted to call him hurtful and offensive names, only not on account of the bending.

At the risk of being trite, one wonders how the case would have gone had the baker been muslim.
    I'm bloody sure Nadiya would have been happy to do it. She did win the GBBO after all, which is probably the gayest programme ever on a major tv channel
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, I look forward to the first Muslim printer prosecuted for refusing to print cartoons of Muhammed.
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Christians tend to be nice, peaceful people who don't kill you for disagreeing with them. This makes them prime targets for identity politics types wanting an easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I'm bloody sure Nadiya would have been happy to do it. She did win the GBBO after all, which is probably the gayest programme ever on a major tv channel

Are you really? I watched a programme about her going off to Bangladesh. Her husband was congratulating himself on how progressive he was for letting her go off on her own. I think making a cake that went directly against her religious principles might have been a bit tricky for her.

Religion's like that, you see? It actually involves believing certain things and sticking to them. Just because someone seems nice on telly doesn't mean they don't have religious views that would make your hair curl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you seen his hair? I'd be tempted to call him hurtful and offensive names, only not on account of the bending.
    Yes. He looks like Morrissey with a facelift.

Religion's like that, you see? It actually involves believing certain things and sticking to them. Just because someone seems nice on telly doesn't mean they don't have religious views that would make your hair curl.
    Doesn't mean they do either. And I'm sure whichever one of the presenters licks the wrong side of the stamp would have eaten her raspberry torte, so to speak.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Doesn't mean they do either. And I'm sure whichever one of the presenters licks the wrong side of the stamp would have eaten her raspberry torte, so to speak.
    No, I still don't think you get it. People in the post-Enlightenment west forget that religion is a real thing to others that guides their lives and not just something to which people pay lip service. It is a hard and fast guide to life. There is no ambiguity in the Quran's teachings on homosexuality - it is an abomination punishable by death. You can't actually be a faithful muslim and not subscribe to those views - whatever your human feelings are about individuals may be.