Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay cake couple lose discrimination case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gay cake couple lose discrimination case

It's a shocker, alright. We can no longer act as our consciences dictate because someone is going to call it discriminatory.

At the risk of being trite, one wonders how the case would have gone had the baker been muslim. But then it would never have arisen, since Christians are easy targets.

Meanwhile, the Lord Mayor of Manchester has been called some names he finds 'hurtful and offensive' and believes that should therefore be a matter for prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's a shocker, alright. We can no longer act as our consciences dictate because someone is going to call it discriminatory.

At the risk of being trite, one wonders how the case would have gone had the baker been muslim. But then it would never have arisen, since Christians are easy targets.

Meanwhile, the Lord Mayor of Manchester has been called some names he finds 'hurtful and offensive' and believes that should therefore be a matter for prosecution.
    Yes, I look forward to the first Muslim printer prosecuted for refusing to print cartoons of Muhammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, I look forward to the first Muslim printer prosecuted for refusing to print cartoons of Muhammed.
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Christians tend to be nice, peaceful people who don't kill you for disagreeing with them. This makes them prime targets for identity politics types wanting an easy win.

They objected to Gay marriage, in your scenario they would have refused to make a cake if someone had asked for a joke about Christianity... so basically, you using Muslims and Muhammed has nothing to do with this case
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They objected to Gay marriage, in your scenario they would have refused to make a cake if someone had asked for a joke about Christianity... so basically, you using Muslims and Muhammed has nothing to do with this case
    The point is, if we agree (which we should) that a muslim printer should be allowed to refuse to publish cartoons of Muhammed, then we should also agree that this christian couple should be allowed to refuse to make a cake endorsing gay marriage.

The point is, if we agree (which we should) that a muslim printer should be allowed to refuse to publish cartoons of Muhammed, then we should also agree that this christian couple should be allowed to refuse to make a cake endorsing gay marriage.
    Completely different, if ther muslim printer refused to print a copy of the bible then i agree with you...
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Have you seen his hair? I'd be tempted to call him hurtful and offensive names, only not on account of the bending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you seen his hair? I'd be tempted to call him hurtful and offensive names, only not on account of the bending.
    Yes. He looks like Morrissey with a facelift.

At the risk of being trite, one wonders how the case would have gone had the baker been muslim.
    I'm bloody sure Nadiya would have been happy to do it. She did win the GBBO after all, which is probably the gayest programme ever on a major tv channel
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.