Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One has great sympathy for the Thai people at the moment.

One has great sympathy for the Thai people at the moment.

Not only have they lost their beloved king, who was the one unifying force keeping a lid on tensions, but the military junta are clearly delaying the accession of the (deeply unpopular) Crown Prince. There is only one real likely outcome, and that is major civil unrest and a brutal military response.

On the plus side, Morrissey's gig in Bangkok has been cancelled tonight. So at least they've been spared that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not only have they lost their beloved king, who was the one unifying force keeping a lid on tensions, but the military junta are clearly delaying the accession of the (deeply unpopular) Crown Prince. There is only one real likely outcome, and that is major civil unrest and a brutal military response.

On the plus side, Morrissey's gig in Bangkok has been cancelled tonight. So at least they've been spared that.
    The Crown Prince's missus likes to have dinner wearing just a thong, bless her. And he made his poodle an Air Commodore or something.

Dog%u00252BBirthday.jpg

And here he is just back from his holibobs in a very fetching outfit. All in all, this isn't going to end well, is it?

CrownPrince-Bild2-1024.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Crown Prince's missus likes to have dinner wearing just a thong, bless her. And he made his poodle an Air Commodore or something.

Dog%u00252BBirthday.jpg

And here he is just back from his holibobs in a very fetching outfit. All in all, this isn't going to end well, is it?

I think he's divorced that one now. There are several ex-Crown Princesses, anyway. Pleasingly, the poodle's name is Foo Foo.

He seems like an absolutely top fella to me, but the Thais haven't taken to him. His one way back into their hearts might be, of course, that he's best mates with Thaksin, but the junta aren't going to allow that relationship to be the back door to the triumphant return of the overly-enthusiastic rice subsidiser.

All in all, the outlook is grim.

Dog%u00252BBirthday.jpg

She ate that little dog?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I think he's divorced that one now. There are several ex-Crown Princesses, anyway. Pleasingly, the poodle's name is Foo Foo.

He seems like an absolutely top fella to me, but the Thais haven't taken to him. His one way back into their hearts might be, of course, that he's best mates with Thaksin, but the junta aren't going to allow that relationship to be the back door to the triumphant return of the overly-enthusiastic rice subsidiser.

All in all, the outlook is grim.
    Weren't you planning to retire, Kurtz-like to the Thai jungle at one point? Probably best to bin that idea, I reckon.

I liked the old King's name - Bhumibol. It always sounded so cuddly. Mind you, I won't miss his rather unpleasant fizzog and uncertain dentistry beaming down at me from every Thai restaurant I eat in.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    She ate that little dog?
    No. You can't go around eating Air Commodores, r. This isn't Uganda.

Weren't you planning to retire, Kurtz-like to the Thai jungle at one point? Probably best to bin that idea, I reckon.

I liked the old King's name - Bhumibol. It always sounded so cuddly. Mind you, I won't miss his rather unpleasant fizzog and uncertain dentistry beaming down at me from every Thai restaurant I eat in.
    Well, it's either Thailand, Cambodia, the Langedoc or Norfolk, I haven't finally decided.

At the current rate, Norfolk might be the only affordable option.

I liked the old King's name - Bhumibol. It always sounded so cuddly.
    Sounds like a medical product. Perhaps an ointment for boils on the bum.

Well, it's either Thailand, Cambodia, the Langedoc or Norfolk, I haven't finally decided.

At the current rate, Norfolk might be the only affordable option.
    I gather Thailand is rather good for that sort of thing, I have many former colleagues who have retired there to bush hut and beach to "think about things".

People leave you alone there apparently.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sounds like a medical product. Perhaps an ointment for boils on the bum.
    Saying that in Thailand is enough to get you 5 years in chokey. They really are very, very touchy about royal dignity.

(I appreciate that you aren't currently in Thailand, of course. It's just a heads-up in case you should decide to visit.)