Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet again, I have been accused of being phenomenally middle class

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    For some reason there have been a number of Scotch raciing drivers of Italian extraction. eg: Dario Franchitti
    Lot of Italian immigrants to Italy. Not least because it was where we had a lot of our POW camps in WWII and since half the Italian army surrendered to us in the desert, that meant a fair few stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Very kind of you to say so, b.
    I meant it as a compliment, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Ah Ash I was listening to some interesting history of unions in America, radio programme
    I find it fascinating the anti communism sentiment over there yet a large majority are pro unions. They go hand in hand.
    One can appreciate collective bargaining in the workplace without favouring the collectivisation of the whole economy.

For some reason there have been a number of Scotch raciing drivers of Italian extraction. eg: Dario Franchitti
    So how about this fella.

That's the sort of name you find on American mafia type shows. Carmine is usually an associate.
    Yes, but they pronounce it 'Car-Mine' whereas I understand it's supposed to be pronounced 'Car-min-eh', which is a bit girly.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I meant it as a compliment, of course.
    And so I took it, naturally.

One can appreciate collective bargaining in the workplace without favouring the collectivisation of the whole economy.
    I will see if I can find it it was quite interesting. More in depth than how I described it of course. Talking about violent acts from unions and such.

There's only one Enzo, Pat. Enzo Ferrari

as you can see - Mesut Ozil in a previous life.
    He's the subject of Michael Mann's next movie apparently. Was to be played by Cristiano Bale but he was forced to pull out of the project due to his Carling Cup, or whatever the Spanish call it, commitments with Real Madrid.

Shame..
    Last edited by redgunamo; 10-06-2016 at 02:51 PM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but they pronounce it 'Car-Mine' whereas I understand it's supposed to be pronounced 'Car-min-eh', which is a bit girly.
    good point. it's easily said like ooooooooh Carmine.

So how about this fella.
    Oh, he wrote the Pink Panther theme.