Thread: Telegraph bung latest

Telegraph bung latest

read all about it etc etc
    redkbung.jpg
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    read all about it etc etc
    redkbung.jpg
    If only.

I mean we know he is a corrupt ******* but just too damn slippery to catch

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If only.

I mean we know he is a corrupt ******* but just too damn slippery to catch
    Bit sneaky of the Telegraph to suggest they were going to name all these managers and then utterly fail to do so. I'd be outraged...if I'd actually bothered buying the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Bit sneaky of the Telegraph to suggest they were going to name all these managers and then utterly fail to do so. I'd be outraged...if I'd actually bothered buying the paper.
    Indeed - actually one of the things overlooked in Allardyce's interview is the fact that he says the bung culture is not what it was, which kind of undermines the Telegraph's football is more corrupt than ever point of view:

From the Times (naturally happy to play this up):

"Buried in that Telegraph article are comments from Allardyce dismissing the “bung” culture. “You daren’t even think about it”, “You can’t go there any more”, “You can’t pay a player, you can’t pay a manager, you can’t pay a CEO”, “It used to happen 20-odd, 30-odd years ago”. Given that one of the Telegraph’s aims was probably to get him talking candidly about the bung culture, as he did in that (in)famous Panorama investigation a decade ago, this seems like a fairly firm dismissal of that culture. I can only imagine they spent much of the four hours trying to get him to say something unwise about this – and he didn’t."

Indeed - actually one of the things overlooked in Allardyce's interview is the fact that he says the bung culture is not what it was, which kind of undermines the Telegraph's football is more corrupt than ever point of view:

"Buried in that Telegraph article are comments from Allardyce dismissing the “bung” culture. “You daren’t even think about it”, “You can’t go there any more”, “You can’t pay a player, you can’t pay a manager, you can’t pay a CEO”, “It used to happen 20-odd, 30-odd years ago”. Given that one of the Telegraph’s aims was probably to get him talking candidly about the bung culture, as he did in that (in)famous Panorama investigation a decade ago, this seems like a fairly firm dismissal of that culture. I can only imagine they spent much of the four hours trying to get him to say something unwise about this – and he didn’t."
    However, according The Guardian, Joey Barton's book says that's all nonsense and that unofficial, undeclared, off-budget payments are still rife within the game.

One simply doesn't know who to trust anymore
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well given that he's purportedly talking to someone who's looking to employ him relatively legitimately, it's surely not that much of a surprise that he doesn't admit to outright criminal activity, is it?

Well given that he's purportedly talking to someone who's looking to employ him relatively legitimately, it's surely not that much of a surprise that he doesn't admit to outright criminal activity, is it?
    True, but he still managed to go too far though. Rule #1: Don't "talk" to people you don't know.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Hmmm - I think you give him too much credit, given apparently he was drinking wine in pints. White wine at that

And saying it did happen 20 years ago kind of implicates him anyway

Hmmm - I think you give him too much credit, given apparently he was drinking wine in pints. White wine at that

And saying it did happen 20 years ago kind of implicates him anyway
    White wine in pints? Seriously?! What a revolting pig of a man he is.

Imagine being the poor prostitute required to service that rank slab of offal.

I am torn as to whether this is admirable or scum journalism.