Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chops

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No loss there, Charles, as it's all sh1t. Sh1t weather, sh1t food, sh1t people - all sh1t.

You can drive to France in less time than it takes to get there, as well. Why on earth would someone spend time in the west when you could spend it in France?

Insane.
    Oh I've eaten remarkably well out west. Then again, I have simple tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't really know Dorset that well. Never spent much time there. Devon I love. Cornwall's nice, but it's ridicules hard to get to.
    Padstow's nice. Is that Cornwall?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Padstow's nice. Is that Cornwall?
    Yes. Although it's ruined by that dreadful Stein fellow, of course.

A fine fellow. Understands the importance of salt. Knows how to treat a lobster.

Never understood the hatred he receives. My wife is nothing like me; she's kind, caring, loving, gentle, considerate and has loads of friends.

And she hates Rick Stein. Don't get it.

Never understood the hatred he receives. My wife is nothing like me; she's kind, caring, loving, gentle, considerate and has loads of friends.

And she hates Rick Stein. Don't get it.
    Yes. He's bald, shouty, opinionated and irritating. You'd think she'd be a fan.

Yes. He's bald, shouty, opinionated and irritating. You'd think she'd be a fan.
    LOL

Actually, he isn't shouty or opinionated and I expect he's irritating to you because he's a human being who isn't you.

So basically, you're baldist.

LOL

Actually, he isn't shouty or opinionated and I expect he's irritating to you because he's a human being who isn't you.

So basically, you're baldist.
    I think you're baldest, mate.

He is shouty and opinionated. He's always fulminating in a tiresome way (usually in the middle of the street) about how foreigners do things better and how we at home are all wrong. Meanwhile the foreigners gaze at him witheringly with a look that says 'Who is this bald, shouty cùnt and when will he fúck off?'

There is a pointless snobbery about lamb v mutton. At one point I tried to get hold of sheep which were being drowned on a yearly basis in the Falkland Islands in order to export it but they couldn't be a rsed.

In Iceland too they "only eat yearlings".

I have news for them and for you. Lamb isn't tastier than mutton (in the same way veal isn't tastier than beef) and if the sheep spends a couple more years eating grass and so on it is more than compensated by the extra amount of meat and wool you get from the older animals.

Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    There is a pointless snobbery about lamb v mutton. At one point I tried to get hold of sheep which were being drowned on a yearly basis in the Falkland Islands in order to export it but they couldn't be a rsed.

In Iceland too they "only eat yearlings".

I have news for them and for you. Lamb isn't tastier than mutton (in the same way veal isn't tastier than beef) and if the sheep spends a couple more years eating grass and so on it is more than compensated by the extra amount of meat and wool you get from the older animals.

Period.
    Who on earth is drowning these poor sheep on a yearly basis? Shouldn't something be done?

Also, I'm not going to rise to your 'Period.' bait.