Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A good point. Will mods be policing civil behaviour,or subject integrity? And what are the roolz? Of course, in Headgear's day it was simple. I AM THE LAW!
    Quite. If I don't have the right to wield arbitrary, capricious and summary justice to wrongdoers, I'm frankly not interested, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A good point. Will mods be policing civil behaviour,or subject integrity? And what are the roolz? Of course, in Headgear's day it was simple. I AM THE LAW!
    Yes, those of us who were mods on the old board relied on our own judgement and discretion; if this thread has exposed an overwhelming demand for stricter moderation on grounds such as topicality, some guidelines will be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, those of us who were mods on the old board relied on our own judgement and discretion; if this thread has exposed an overwhelming demand for stricter moderation on grounds such as topicality, some guidelines will be required.
    Hang on, isn't this discussion already off-topic?

*EDIT* Just realised that asking that question is off-topic and could be seen as an attempt to hijack the thread.

It's a fúckin' minefield, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris+ View Post
    OK - Any volunteers for moderating duties?
    I'd be happy to. However, since I seem to be Public Enemy No 1 among various parties, I'm not sure how well it would go down

Yes please I am always around. And whilst I used to fly off the handle I would be fair and impartial

Quote Originally Posted by Chris+ View Post
    I want awimb to return to it's former glory - How do I achieve this?

Hosting is becoming super expensive, and frankly if people desert awimb the way they have been doing it'll simply become too expensive to host, and never mind former glory, it'll just disappear.

I know that social media has overtaken forums to a certain extent, but we're better than that aren't we?

I want input from you lot - speak now please - how can it be improved?
    It can be improved by reducing burney's posting quota to less than 500 a day.
    His toxic presence has exceeded saturation levels , destroying AWIMB with his caustic comments.
    If you do want more clicks , members and revenue you must address and act on the burney issue urgently as he is the master of anti-recruitment.

Chris Look at how Burney and Sir C have infected the Jorge-sighting-on-the-Guardian-transfer-deadline-day-over-by-over! thread with private message conversation to see how AWIMB has gone to shyt

Really dislike the new format, just not as user friendly as before

SM has spoiled us somewhat and the old format does take some getting used to again.
    Maybe push the FB merchants to comment more here and to join or else

I think it is also early in the season so hopefully hings will pick up in time.

It does take a bit more effort to see what's going on, but that's mostly a user-base issue than the format itself. Most other forums with this sort of layout have only one thread per topic - so a match thread, a transfers thread, a food thread, a random guff thread etc and all posters keep to that so you know where to post and where to respond if they're interested. That's not how this board evolved under the old format though, and I think half the reason why it's struggling a tad - the format doesn't fit with the way most people here want to post. Not really to do with personalities etc imo - that hasn't changed much as far as I can see.