Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It is this sort of vicious personal abuse which has killed the board.

I hope you're pleased with what you have done, sw.

#flounce
    Eh, I thought you were Irish these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Eh, I thought you were Irish these days.
    I hear you've all been being racist to some fat black lass? The poor Guardian's very confused. Irish people being racist does not compute for your average British lefty.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...witter-ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I hear you've all been being racist to some fat black lass? The poor Guardian's very confused. Irish people being racist does not compute for your average British lefty.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...witter-ireland
    The real mind fúck for them must be that she is British, and therefore deserving of a damned good racist kicking...

The real mind fúck for them must be that she is British, and therefore deserving of a damned good racist kicking...
    Yes. While one can only abhor some of the things that have been said to the poor girl, it's always rather satisfying to see a bit of tokenistic, identity politics bull**** blow up in the faces of the perpetrators.

Tree view.

Clamping down on gratuitous insults of other posters.

Stopping the hijacking of threads. Even this one has been hijacked. some people only want to talk about themselves not about Arsenal. You need more hands-on moderation to delete irrelevant posts.

Invite existing members to post and do a bit of PR on Facebook or Twitter or wherever and when new members join (or old members come up with yet another character) treat them with a modicum of politeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Tree view.

Clamping down on gratuitous insults of other posters.

Stopping the hijacking of threads. Even this one has been hijacked. some people only want to talk about themselves not about Arsenal. You need more hands-on moderation to delete irrelevant posts.

Invite existing members to post and do a bit of PR on Facebook or Twitter or wherever and when new members join (or old members come up with yet another character) treat them with a modicum of politeness.
    Isn't 'thread hijacking' just another term for 'conversation'?

Isn't 'thread hijacking' just another term for 'conversation'?
    Not when someone asks "do you know what time the game is on" and you get a reply "the other day I had a rather wonderful Chateauneuf-du-Pape".