Quote Originally Posted by Chris+ View Post
I want awimb to return to it's former glory - How do I achieve this?

Hosting is becoming super expensive, and frankly if people desert awimb the way they have been doing it'll simply become too expensive to host, and never mind former glory, it'll just disappear.

I know that social media has overtaken forums to a certain extent, but we're better than that aren't we?

I want input from you lot - speak now please - how can it be improved?
A recent returners perspective. Was a lurker many years ago who enjoyed reading the interaction, later became an infrequent poster , before the format change seems as if things were already on a downward spiral- very few active posters. Log in problems meant I stopped even lurking and coming back yesterday not much had changed. Only solution is more posters =more traffic= hopefully more revenue. As Sir C says above, an invite to join might resurrect a few people. Would it be possible to email all members (active or not ) including from the old awimb if these email details still available?? A link to new log in maybe ( registration yesterday was very quick and painless )
Only other thought is posiibly increasing Twitter and/or Facebook profile. Does Awimb have a Twitter profile?? I recall Arseblog was once a member and I have seen him talking to Headgear on Twitter about those long gone days- a recommendation from some such person could quickly have positive results on membership. Hope Awimb continues for years to come