Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Here's what I don't get about the whole Blair hatred thing from the left

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Michael Howard was the Tory leader at the time and he was ****ing useless...
    He wasn't, actually. He got the Tory party back into some semblance of order after the Hague/Duncan Smith omnishambles years. He was never really meant to win an election, though, I'll grant you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He wasn't, actually. He got the Tory party back into some semblance of order after the Hague/Duncan Smith omnishambles years. He was never really meant to win an election, though, I'll grant you.
    Plus he used to say 'people' the best way evs. 'Pipool', he would say. Pipool

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Plus he used to say 'people' the best way evs. 'Pipool', he would say. Pipool
    I was reminded horribly yesterday just how much the way Blair says 'wunt' when he means 'want' grinds my ****ing gears. I'd put him on trial in the Hague just for that.

I was reminded horribly yesterday just how much the way Blair says 'wunt' when he means 'want' grinds my ****ing gears. I'd put him on trial in the Hague just for that.
    Lord yes, that did used to wind me up.

Fair play to him yesterday for standing up and giving his side. I might have been tempted to go and hide.

Lord yes, that did used to wind me up.

Fair play to him yesterday for standing up and giving his side. I might have been tempted to go and hide.
    Yes, but you do have to bear in mind that he is actually a true believer in his own righteousness with a messianic streak a mile wide. He is a bit of a mad, if I'm any judge.

I ****ing hate the Swiss, btw. I had a very stressful journey from Friedrichshafen to Zurich airport that culminated in me handing a Turkish taxi driver a wedge of currency and shouting "Flughafen - Schnell! Schnell!" and only just catching my plane.

Yes, but you do have to bear in mind that he is actually a true believer in his own righteousness with a messianic streak a mile wide. He is a bit of a mad, if I'm any judge.

I ****ing hate the Swiss, btw. I had a very stressful journey from Friedrichshafen to Zurich airport that culminated in me handing a Turkish taxi driver a wedge of currency and shouting "Flughafen - Schnell! Schnell!" and only just catching my plane.
    At least you're still allowed to travel. Pretty soon we won't be able to leave the country. Or something like that.

At least you're still allowed to travel. Pretty soon we won't be able to leave the country. Or something like that.
    It was my own fault for taking the PR girl's advice and taking a coach. It arrived half an hour late, the driver seemed obsessed with stopping at empty stops and then, just to put the tin ****ing lid on it, we got pulled over by Swiss Grenzkontrolle, who were extremely Swiss about everything and took ****ing ages.