Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So the glow is insisting, because of our medium term plan to retire to Frane,

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I see no kowtowing; nor would I, under any circumstances, renounce my citizenship of the UK

I'm like a jew buying a Mercedes Benz; I think of it as reparations.
    By becoming Irish you could proudly associate yourself with "the best football fans in the world"

Though clearly this should be the best international football fans in the world as I have long been of the impression that Newcastle had already claimed the earlier title.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    By becoming Irish you could proudly associate yourself with "the best football fans in the world"

Though clearly this should be the best international football fans in the world as I have long been of the impression that Newcastle had already claimed the earlier title.
    Ah, but according to the law I already am an Irish. The issue of the passport is but a detail.

So. Erm. A top of the morning to you, sw. Begorrah.

I see no kowtowing; nor would I, under any circumstances, renounce my citizenship of the UK

You are flying false colours. You may call it a flag of convenience if you wish ('convenience' being the mot juste vis-a-vis Ireland, of course), but we both know that this is fundamentally dishonourable.

Like a jew buying shares in the Zyklon factory more like. They spent 40 years trying to murder us all.

Did you see what the Queen said to that fenian cock-warbler McGuinness? He says "hoy orr ye" and she says "still alive no thanks to you you spud-munching ****!"

It's treason and I'll see you hanged!

Ah, but according to the law I already am an Irish. The issue of the passport is but a detail.

So. Erm. A top of the morning to you, sw. Begorrah.
    Really? I have always had a basic rule in this regard, over simplistic perhaps but there you go.

You can *be* Irish, or indeed any nationality, if you were born in that country. If you were born elsewhere then you’re not, simple.

You may of course become a citizen through naturalisation, still not Irish.

Or a passport holder through family, still not Irish.

In summary, **** off you British ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are people really such thick ****s that they don't understand that nothing's going to change for at least two years - and even then that such a course of action may not even prove necessary?
    Apparently so, b. Frightening isn't it

Really? I have always had a basic rule in this regard, over simplistic perhaps but there you go.

You can *be* Irish, or indeed any nationality, if you were born in that country. If you were born elsewhere then you’re not, simple.

Dana (born in London) and The Edge (born Barking, Essex) do not like this.

Mind you, I tend to agree with you, fwiw.

Think of the cricket team we'd have if that was applied. In fact don't. You'll have nightmares

Jesus Mary and Joseph, would you look at the cut of you?

I quote from our very own government's website, www.citizensinformation.ie. "If either of your parents was an Irish citizen who was born in Ireland, then you are automatically an Irish citizen, irrespective of your place of birth. If you are an Irish citizen, you can apply for an Irish passport. You do not need an Irish passport in order to be an Irish citizen but having an Irish passport is evidence that you are an Irish citizen. "

Oi'm as Oirish as you, sw.

I mean it as no insult to a person.

In respect of Mr Edge while I was unaware of his place of birth it is clear to any observer that he is a bona fide wrong 'un.