Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vardy has 'snubbed' us, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, A. It's all about the money and nothing to do with football
    While I agree that money will have been a huge part of his decision making (and why not), football also will have been key.

He’s the top boy at Leicester, guaranteed to start 9 games from 10. He would not have that with us, perhaps even finding himself on the bench if things did not go well or just within the normal boundaries of squad rotation.

Right decision for him and crucially right decision for me. Wd and thank you Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    While I agree that money will have been a huge part of his decision making (and why not), football also will have been key.

He’s the top boy at Leicester, guaranteed to start 9 games from 10. He would not have that with us, perhaps even finding himself on the bench if things did not go well or just within the normal boundaries of squad rotation.

Right decision for him and crucially right decision for me. Wd and thank you Jamie.
    No argument with any of that, it did always seem a slightly odd signing for AW anyway

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Leaves us free to go after Troy Deeney - reckon 35 million would do it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Leaves us free to go after Troy Deeney - reckon 35 million would do it
    I hope you develop a minor and ultimately not life threatening illness.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    No argument with any of that, it did always seem a slightly odd signing for AW anyway
    Crucially, I think, it *would* be an odd signing for an AW with, what amounted to, a rolling five-year contract in His back pocket ("Theo can be a striker" and so on).

Different matter entirely if He only has one more season left.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I'm not really that fussed. I'd rather a foreign name to tell you the truth. People say loyalty and all that nonsense but it just looks like he'd rather be comfortable on his £100k a week in Leicester than challenge himself somewhere else.
    Yeah, that's about the sum of it as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Or, to put it naother way, chosen to REMAIN at Leicester.
    They can put the plastic knife & forks away thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I'm not really that fussed. I'd rather a foreign name to tell you the truth. People say loyalty and all that nonsense but it just looks like he'd rather be comfortable on his £100k a week in Leicester than challenge himself somewhere else.
    Perhaps playing CL with Leicester is the next challenge.

That and maybe even reflecting on the fact that he only just signed a new deal in February, and then he is quoted in May as saying he hopes none of the players leave.

I think there is as many reasons to understand why he did not decide to join us as to put forward for him joining us.

Now I assume Wenger has called Ivan and Dick and put in motion Plan B with a very firm instruction to deliver.

Plan B is apparently Cavani.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Gooner View Post
    They can put the plastic knife & forks away thank goodness.
    Ouch - you bitch, dg