Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was going to vote reamin but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    I wish I were that optimistic. I tend to imagine a scenario where it's a bit rainy, people will want to get home and watch the football and the only people who will be bothered to vote will be the swivel-eyed nutjobs.
    Yeah, there's no point breaking sweat to vote for the status quo, I suppose. Living on an island and a' that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, there's no point breaking sweat to vote for the status quo, I suppose. Living on an island and a' that.
    Nah, I'm just done with being at all optimistic about the electoral acumen of the british public.

Nah, I'm just done with being at all optimistic about the electoral acumen of the british public.
    And it's about time too, if I may say so. Not giving a stuff about such matters is the whole point of being an honest individual living in a decent country. You're supposed to have better things to get excited about.

And what about my Status Quo quip
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I wish I were that optimistic. I tend to imagine a scenario where it's a bit rainy, people will want to get home and watch the football and the only people who will be bothered to vote will be the swivel-eyed nutjobs.
    Do you find that referring to anyone who disagrees with you as, 'swivel-eyed', or 'mouthbreathers', does much to persuade people of the validity of your argument?

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you find that referring to anyone who disagrees with you as, 'swivel-eyed', or 'mouthbreathers', does much to persuade people of the validity of your argument?
    You seem to be under the misaprehension that I want to convince you otherwise. Also, you also pepper your posts with pejoratives so I'm keen to know what your experience is with it.

You seem to be under the misaprehension that I want to convince you otherwise. Also, you also pepper your posts with pejoratives so I'm keen to know what your experience is with it.
    You don't want to convince me but enjoy expounding your views anyway?

Isn't that what they call 'virtue signalling'?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    When it comes to the crunch, most of the undecided's will vote remain. Ironically because that's the British way

Sadly, that's probably true. However, none of it's going to make the issue go away anytime soon.