Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer is upon us; let the grilling and smoking commence!

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was crawling along in traffic when suddenly I feel an impact in my rear. At first I thought I'd stalled it. Then it happened again.

Turns out the Mazda MX5 behind me had been hit by a lorry and gone into me. And then it went into it again. The damage is incredibly light as far as I can see, amounting to just a couple of tiny scratches on my paintwork. So light is it, in fact, that I'm wondering whether to bother claiming.
    Surely the MX5 was rammed full of nigh on fifty albanian terrorists

These are less than a centimetre long.
    Fine. But it's not me you need to convince.

You know how you'll moan when they give you a bill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Or they do like a early 2000's VW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Fine. But it's not me you need to convince.

You know how you'll moan when they give you a bill.
    Oh, ffs! So now I have to **** about with insurance companies? *******s.

Oh, ffs! So now I have to **** about with insurance companies? *******s.
    No, you need to check with your leasing company whether such small scratches fall within their definition of acceptable return condition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    No. Just a rather harassed man called Neil. He seemed a bit upset as his pride and joy was all dented and cracked. Serves him right for driving a girl's car imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No, you need to check with your leasing company whether such small scratches fall within their definition of acceptable return condition.
    Oh, OK. I'll do that tomorrow, then. Cheers.

The Jorge
    No. Just a rather harassed man called Neil. He seemed a bit upset as his pride and joy was all dented and cracked. Serves him right for driving a girl's car imo.
    Yes, I suspect Neil didnt get the memo about the mandatory vulva required to drive one.

Speaking of which, my OH has replaced here mandatory vulva car with a VW Eos, which is like a nice version of the Pasaaaat

Driven hard, an MX5 is one of the most entertaining cars money can buy. Any money. The combination of relatively low power, lightness, proper old-fashioned rear wheel drive oversteer and skinny tyres makes the thing truly good fun at reasonably low speeds. But it looks like the conveyance of a steaming great pooftah.

Oh, OK. I'll do that tomorrow, then. Cheers.
    Don't tell them someone hit you; themoment they hear that they'll demand that you claim. Just tell them you've noticed some small scratches...