Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last 10 years of arsenal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by o2be a gooner View Post
    'might even get second' , wow great achievement (!) and no we wont, we have won 5 out of the last 15 games since jan
    You don't think coming second in the league is a great achievement? You're satisfied only with absolute success?

I take it you're a multi-millionaire business tycoon then?

no, but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world, the owner taking money out of the club whilst not really investing, lying to fans constantly how 'we will compete now', poor results/same old same old (actually you could argue we are getting further away from the top) - and one second place finish in 10 years if it happens (which is probalby wont) - isnt good enough

no, but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world, the owner taking money out of the club whilst not really investing, lying to fans constantly how 'we will compete now', poor results/same old same old (actually you could argue we are getting further away from the top) - and one second place finish in 10 years if it happens (which is probalby wont) - isnt good enough
    You'd have an interesting argument there if it wasn't all *******s.

honestly - its all true. the only debatable thing is the kronke taking money out, but the rest is FACT as rafa would say.

The Jorge
    Hang on, Kroenke taking money out IS a fact, it's just he's taken 1m out for every year he has owned us, which is absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Hang on, Kroenke taking money out IS a fact, it's just he's taken 1m out for every year he has owned us, which is absolutely nothing.
    I am somewhat bemused by the idea that there is something wrong with a man who buys a business quite legally taking money for himself out of that business.

Isn't that sort of what businesses are for?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I am somewhat bemused by the idea that there is something wrong with a man who buys a business quite legally taking money for himself out of that business.

Apparently one of the changes they are demanding is that 'Kroenke must go'. How are they going to achieve that, then? Buy him out?

Is there any point at which you might not cheer the man on for taking money out? Presumably if he pulled a Glazer you'd still have no problem with it. If he could asset-strip the club to death and still make himself a profit would that also be ok?

Do I have to do the entire schpeel about how football isn't the same as other business and not subject to all the same market mechanisms ... again?

The Jorge

We he's legally entitled to take whatever dividends he wants, he hasnt.

He has charged two lots of Consultancy Services against the club for 3m a piece in the last two years, which are pretty valid after a cursory glance at their justifications at the last couple of AGMs.

Place this against something like the Glazers who take around £36m a year from united for 'services rendered' on top of loading the club with leveraged debt - on which servicing the intrest costs tens of millions a year - plus a consultancy fee for each and every financial restructuring.

Love or hate the Wiggy Walmart Heir you have to admit it's small beans. The main issue people have is that he isnt backed by a massive sovereign wealth fund and isnt pouring it into the club. I think Roman even charges his 'investment' back as loans. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world
    Except that for equivalent seats, and taking into account the number of games we get on our ST, our prices are roughly that same as Spurs and Chelsea - in other words the going rate for the Capital.

I agree with you about having a decent striker though. We'd have won the league easily with Harry Kane up front imo, and while such quality is hard to come by, it suggests to me that this team of Wenger's isn't quite a bad all round as it sometimes seems. Erzl has created about 157 chances this season. Better finishing and we wouldn't be worried about defensive errors or midfield stagnation.