Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: If we have another window where we don't buy a Xhaka upgrade, I'm gonna support the

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I believe as they season progresses this team will evolve with Saliba forcing his way in next to Gabriel and Ben White moving into the defensive midfield…a role he excelled at in the past for other clubs.

Odegaard has the 2nd midfield slot so it leaves Partey, Xhaka, Sambi, Elneny and Patino fighting it out for the final spot.

Tileamans would be the obvious player for the final 3rd position ie Odegaard-White-Tileamans but let’s see if they complete that deal.

My tip is Sambi…2nd season and will have loads of improvement in him as he tries to break into the Belgium WC squad.

But Saliba at the back and White in DM will explain a lot ie

Why we’re not signing a DM

Why we were happy to bypass Bissouma for £25m

Why we’re signing another CH ie Argentinian guy…lol he isn’t coming to wait for Tierney to get injured.

Fits in with Arteta’s tippy tappy possession football philosophy

Convinces Saliba to sign a new contract…only has two years left and the vultures are keeping watch.

Works for Ben…he will excel in that position and I expect him him to be a more exciting version of Declan Rice…White Gilberto will be his new name.

I also like the fact that if anyone thinks White Gilberto is racist then they’re automatically confirming their racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I believe as they season progresses this team will evolve with Saliba forcing his way in next to Gabriel and Ben White moving into the defensive midfield…a role he excelled at in the past for other clubs.

Odegaard has the 2nd midfield slot so it leaves Partey, Xhaka, Sambi, Elneny and Patino fighting it out for the final spot.

Tileamans would be the obvious player for the final 3rd position ie Odegaard-White-Tileamans but let’s see if they complete that deal.

My tip is Sambi…2nd season and will have loads of improvement in him as he tries to break into the Belgium WC squad.

Why we’re signing another CH ie Argentinian guy…lol he isn’t coming to wait for Tierney to get injured.

Convinces Saliba to sign a new contract…only has two years left and the vultures are keeping watch.

Works for Ben…he will excel in that position and I expect him him to be a more exciting version of Declan Rice…White Gilberto will be his new name.

I also like the fact that if anyone thinks White Gilberto is racist then they’re automatically confirming their racism.
    Fair play, TC. I love you.

Ypu speak more bøllocks than me, but at least you pretend you know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Been touting White for dm for some time, t. Like your thinking

You two always do that.

Basically any centre-back we have who can trap the ball; You Two: "Play him in midfield!"

It's a curse, I tell you! Vermaelen :shudder:

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Been touting White for dm for some time, t. Like your thinking
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You two always do that.

Basically any centre-back we have who can trap the ball; You Two: "Play him in midfield!"

It's a curse, I tell you! Vermaelen :shudder:
    As a wise man once said (well, Sir C), Thomas was a very good footballer, just not a very good centre half

As a wise man once said (well, Sir C), Thomas was a very good footballer, just not a very good centre half
    Did I really say that, la? It’s rather good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did I really say that, la? It’s rather good!
    On many occasions. You may have been drunk at the times

Could it have been after that 6-2 home win against Blackburn {?????} Were 0-1 and 1-2 down. Their second was totally TV5's fault. So he picked the ball up in MF steamed forward and lashed it home from 30 yards. I really enjoyed that game. Nikki B's first touch for the final goal.

Anyway, LA. You're the won with the football brain. Am I wrong to bemoan us not prioritising a CM partner for Partey?

Isn't this like when AW had Almunia in goal and decided "we only have 5 midget no.10s so I'll buy another 2 or 3 this window."*

Or GG {him, not me} saying "We have Hillier and Selley in MF but we really need even more CHs."

*FTR, I loved AW's midget no.10s team. Imagine putting Santi {or Cesc or TR7} between Partey and Odin.

I'll be brutally honest la. I have been known to take a drink.

How are things in Muenchen these days? You must be in line for German citizenship soon - or will you remain a permanent Gastarbeiter, like a sort of literate Pauline?

So difficult to tell for sure, isn't it.

But the whole point of being a decent footballer was, IN FACT, to be a decent centre-half, in his case. Otherwise how would we know?! That he was a decent footballer, I mean.

I need more beer.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."